View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2011, 10:55 AM

My thoughts on Give your dog a bone. (Book)

Excellent read. I am really enjoying it and finding it very helpful.

It arrived yesterday and I started reading last night and am on chapter 6 already today and making notes for easy reference.

I will be following a lot of the advice when it comes to feeding the new puppy. Lots of interesting ideas and good reference as to why's and where fores of different foods and vitamins.

I like the chapters on why the vitamins do what they do what can happen if they are deprived of some of the vitamins and the foods that that can help make up the bulk of the vitamins required.

Not a cheap book but one well the money in my opinion. Looking forward to getting to the recipe ideas.

Having been a raw feeder when I had Ollie I thought I had a good idea of what to do on advice from breeder raw feeder but this book has really opened my eyes and I realise I was only scratching the surface.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 12:19 PM
What I considered doing was highlighting important bits that I might want to refer back to. The book is so badly written and repetitive that trying to find the bits of info you require at a later can be bothersome!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
What I considered doing was highlighting important bits that I might want to refer back to. The book is so badly written and repetitive that trying to find the bits of info you require at a later can be bothersome!
I personally haven't found it difficut and I did nearly highlight some of the important bits I wanted to refer back too but couldn't bring myself to mark a brand new book. I have a big note book with all my reference stuff breeders etc., and have written everything down I wanted in there for easier reference.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the review, I might buy that book myself!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 09:02 AM
i want the other one written by him about rearing puppies on to raw, called grow your pups with bones i think it is....
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Grow your pup with bones is excellent particularly for those who breed, much better written than Give Your Dog a Bone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i want the other one written by him about rearing puppies on to raw, called grow your pups with bones i think it is....
I looked into that and the book I have gives you lots of information about feeding puppies and of course also helps out a lot for when they grow on and become adult. I got the feeling the other one is aimed more for breeders.

I could be wrong of course I do know I am very happy with the give your dog a bone and it covers all I wanted to know.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I looked into that and the book I have gives you lots of information about feeding puppies and of course also helps out a lot for when they grow on and become adult. I got the feeling the other one is aimed more for breeders.

I could be wrong of course I do know I am very happy with the give your dog a bone and it covers all I wanted to know.
yeah i think it is aimed more at breeders, thats why ive looked into it as i plan on rearing my first litter on raw
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yeah i think it is aimed more at breeders, thats why ive looked into it as i plan on rearing my first litter on raw
That would be a good book for you then seeing as I am only going to be feeding one pup on raw thats why I opted for the give a dog a bone. If its as good as this book you will enjoy learning some new things and things you may not of thought about and learning things maybe like me you hadn't given thought too.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the review Lynn - what do you think are the highlights of the book? Which bits of info did you find to be most crucial?

I think I might have to get it as well, and the one Smokey keeps mentioning
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >