Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2011, 05:52 PM

Kong Wobbler ... not a success so far :(

I ordered Gypsy one of these as she hates her food bowls and I dont like her scraping her nose along the carpet when she rounds up her dinner off the floor
anyway it came this morning , so I put her breakfast in it and gave it her ... she is entirely disinterested in it.
Ive wobbled it about for her , and she eats what falls out when I do it , but walks away when I stop

I put it down again tea-time , she took a small swipe at it , then walked away and is now ignoring it

surely just giving in and putting her food on the floor is defeating the object , but I cant see her go hungry

Help !
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Is she allowed treats at all, dried liver chips or anything to just put a little in with her usual food to get her bit more interested. Or could you put tiny bit of peanut butter,cheese on it? Hope she does get to like it, mine loves her dried food in a treat ball, not had a kong wobbler yet. Don't know if that any help, good luck.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 06:05 PM
It did take my lot a while to work it out, I was actually rather suprised as Simba is a bit of a dimwit but he got the hang of it before Flint.

Try and put something reeeeealy tasty in it for her, just till she gets the hang of it.
I put Simba meals in a treat ball sometimes.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Guesing it's like a dog pyramid?
Cosmo gets bored of it really quickly, no way he would do a whole meals worth...but Tango LOVES it and picked it up really fast. It's worth sitting and showing them a lot
Stormpants
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Maybe she will try again once she gets hungry. I mean if she's really hungry and she knows that food comes out of the toy, then she will paw the toy again to get the food out.

I don't think that she will starve herself if she knows that food is there....If she just works for it!