Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 07:16 PM

Cheeky!!!

I got involved in a bidding war on Ebay yesterday,it was for some bedroom furniture for our boys,anyway it was located about 12 miles from us and the person bidding against us lives in Surrey
She kept bidding and bidding so i put in my final bid to make her pay more if she really wanted it

I did think it was somewhat strange as there are similar sets in surrey going for alot less money

Anyway tonight I get a 2nd chance offer because this person who won the auction can't collect it for 3 weeks

So I told this person yes we are still interested but won't pay my final offer but less for it,she wants it out of the way now,so she can either relist or sell to us,choice is hers.
I'm not paying stupid money
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 07:31 PM
You have to be on your toes with ebay as sometimes the people selling will have friends or family bidding to get the price to go up. If they are not happy with what you are prepared to pay let them relist it and then you can bid again.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Thats what i said to my O/H,I've heard of people doing that before but she was bidding in multiples of £20.

So I'm watching other sets now,although I still would really like it,I'm not paying stupid money for it.
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Thats why you should never bid on ebay until the very last minute or you will get into a bidding war...

Let someone else put the 1st bid in then bid in the final dying seconds works everytime for me....

If i see something i like i just stick it in my watch folder until near to the end see what the price is on then and decide if i'm going to sneak a bid in at the dying stages...
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 07:47 PM
I always keep a watch on an item then bid at the end. You are more likely to get it at a reasonable price then. I used to get into bidding wars and then found when the price had gone up really high and I stopped bidding I would get a message to say the other person had pulled out as there was problems so now I could buy the item, but I never did as I realised what was going on.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm bidding for a car at the moment. I have put in one bid, the reserve hasn't been met as I'm testing the water, want to see what the reserve is but if it gets too dodgey I'm going to use the buy it now button lol!
Becky
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 08:22 PM
hiya

well i had the opposite end of the scale - was selling some baby stuff - forgot to check on it before it ended and only one person had bid on it so they got an absolute bargain ;(
very cheaply indeed !! if i had kept an eye n it then i might have pulled it before the auction time as there was no interest in it, never mind at least i get it out my house huh!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2007, 09:59 AM
If there's a reserve i always ask what it is and apart from that I only ever bid in the last 20 seconds or so.