View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Please note that the post you are responding to is almost a year old........

Your response is also dubious, IMO.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Debb858536 View Post
Hi Hannah
you do not need to worry about your dog being DLRC UK registered as DLRC provide same service as the kc and also follow same rules, being DLRC reg does not stop you from doing anything with your dog apart from showing in a kc run show (unless you are also with the kc), i know this post is an old one but i came accross it and wanted to put your mind at ease. DLRC does have an ethics code regarding age of Dam and number of litters etc:and do ban bad and negligent breeders and puppy farmers.They also advocate Hip scoring and all relevant health tests where appplicable and BVA can still Hip score a DLRC reg dog.Also all pedigree histories are cross referenced before processing.
They also only register Pedigrees,not cross breeds so alot of these other posts on here are actually erroneous.

That's odd a friend of mine registered a litter that did not exist of Labradoodles & made up the pedigree for them very flexible code of ethics as they keep no records of hip/eye/DNA tests & was started up after a breeder was banned for selling dogs to the public through a puppy dealers kennels
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi Hannah
you do not need to worry about your dog being DLRC UK registered as DLRC provide same service as the kc and also follow same rules, being DLRC reg does not stop you from doing anything with your dog apart from showing in a kc run show (unless you are also with the kc), i know this post is an old one but i came accross it and wanted to put your mind at ease. DLRC does have an ethics code regarding age of Dam and number of litters etc:and do ban bad and negligent breeders and puppy farmers.They also advocate Hip scoring and all relevant health tests where appplicable and BVA can still Hip score a DLRC reg dog.Also all pedigree histories are cross referenced before processing.
They also only register Pedigrees,not cross breeds so alot of these other posts on here are actually erroneous.

Twaddle!! Poppycock as they say
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum,
I smell the blood of an Englishman......
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum,
haha
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi Hannah
Code of ethics - lol they don't have any,there are studs advertised on there as young as 6 months old that look nothing like the breed they are supposed to resemble.
They will also register puppies that have come from endorsed bitches that are not eligable for KC Registration.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Has someone who runs the DLRC discovered this thread and tried to make it sound good? Hhhhmmmmmm

Heidi
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Hmmm, no `hello` ?
No introduction ?
And of all the threads on Dogsey the one you post on first is a very old thread which was linked to through a controversial thread...
Your profile says types of dog owned `pedigree`
Urm, pedigree what ? Is it a guessing game ?
Just thought it was odd as most people like their dogs enough to say what they are
But if that was making some point regarding DLRC, DLRC do not have the authority to state any dog is a pedigree by registration. Are you a breeder by any chance ? One who sends pups out with a piece of paper with DLRC on it ? [ just guessing, I could be wrong on that assumption of course ]

Hi Hannah
you do not need to worry about your dog being DLRC UK registered as DLRC provide same service as the kc and also follow same rules,
Absolute rubbish.

being DLRC reg does not stop you from doing anything with your dog apart from showing in a kc run show (unless you are also with the kc),
As no one will know until their dog starts to mature if their dog might be good in the show ring it would be ridiculous to take the risk of not being able to Show because of a supposed `registry` which has already been proven to be used with forged / made up papers` and which prevents people from Breed showing if they`ve fallen for the guff which gets spouted by breeders who hand out DLRC papers as though they are `same as KC` to hike the price up on litters.

i know this post is an old one but i came accross it and wanted to put your mind at ease.
Don`t worry, where anyone, [ rarely ], sticks up for DLRC, your mind can be at rest that there are plenty of people who know all about what its really for so can make others aware of it.

DLRC does have an ethics code regarding age of Dam and number of litters etc:
And yet no proof of anything is required when filling in and submitting the online form, [ along with payment of course ], and as for being able to register adult dogs, pffft, nice little money spinner there for DLRC, but worse than that it`s a way for people to get `papers` for a dog of unknown parentage but make it look like everything was known so the dog can be used for breeding `because it has papers`.

and do ban bad and negligent breeders and puppy farmers.
I did read something about that somewhere, the whole thing struck me as a case of `too close to home, need to divert attention`. [ something to do with the originator of the `registry` and rumours of him being a puppy farmer [ please note I have stated `rumour`, its one which has been known of around the net for some time ]. The `kennels` I think was called `Dogs 4 Us` or some similarly tacky name ? ]

They also advocate Hip scoring and all relevant health tests where appplicable
I`n not a breeder and always have rescue dog yet I advocate hip scoring and all relevant health tests, so does everyone with any sense, so your point is ?

and BVA can still Hip score a DLRC reg dog.
BVA can hip score a mongrel picked up as a stray if a new owner wanted it done

Also all pedigree histories are cross referenced before processing.
And yet a breeder,[ of Rotties ], came across someone else using their dogs names and falsely `registering` them with a DLRC `pedigree`- no cross referencing done there then....
http://zorgsrotties.mysite.wanadoo-m....uk/page6.html
And yet they register English bred JRTs which are not a recognised breed in England, and proof of lineage for any of the dogs is not required - proof for a Pedigree if they did require it, [ which they don`t ], would be KC papers so why would legit breeders devalue their dogs` pedigrees to sell pups as DLRC instead of KC ?
It is well known that the sort of breeders who breed too often and can`t register their `extra` litters with the KC will use DLRC to try to make things seem `proper`. Also it has been claimed by at least one breeder,[ will try to find link to it ], said they use it to give a `pedigree` to litters born of dogs which have endorsements on them - endorsements being that which states those dogs are not to br bred from unless the endorsements are lifted which is usually only when all health tests have been done and the pup has grown up to be a good enough example to breed from.

Unfortunately many people are gullible enough to fall for believing DLRC is a `registry` with `pedigree`s` which are supposedly worth something in the the eyes of the dog world.
They are not worth the paper they are written on, unless running out of loo paper in which case they might come in handy.

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum,
I would have put some soup on but the poster logged out right after posting so presumably of all the threads on Dogsey this one of a year old was the only one of interest hence no point inviting the poster to be a Soup ... dinner guest
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Are you sure this is a and not one of those creatures who will do anything to defend the indefensible
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »