Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2018, 10:57 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday 6th february 2018

Morning
Didn't sleep great last night...couldn't settle incase deags took bad again, luckily nice and clean and has scoffed brekkie so fingers crossed she will be o.k now
got to pop out for a few bits, got good news yesterday, mum asked to reduce her hours, she got it, dad had his meeting today and they said they don't think so for him.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Morning griff. Hope deags continues ok. Tyto had this strange tum but seems to be ok now. Gave him some probiotic paste and that has done the trick. I have heard that there is a bug going round all over the country so maybe that is why deags was poorly. It only lasts a day or two. One of Normas was poorly and that is in Scotland. Amazing how far it spreads. Nice and sunny here but a wee bit chilly down here in West Sussex. No snow though. Have a good day and all that come later. Where is everyone? Even Gordon has disappeared again. Pleased that your training went well for you. Don't go to any now but I do still do some indoors especially scent work. Tyto likes doing that.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Good morning Griff, Brenda and all who follow

Pleased Deags seems to be better this morning and also good that your mum has been Abe to reduce her hours.

Morning Brenda, yes the weather is a lot better today here too.

Had another firm come to quote for the ensuite but somehow both Barry and I do not feel confident in them so we have already dismissed them from the equation. Still waiting for the one-man band to send a quote but in all honesty the one we received on Monday from the first company is within our estimate of what it would cost and also had some very good suggestions on how to make it all look a lot nicer.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2018, 02:46 PM
Aternoon all.

Not much going on but life I suppose. Just back in from work.
Mom back down with this cold/bug thing although her cough has gone all bar the shouting she appears today to be worn out, she has stayed in bed. Still its now snowing. Yippee dee................

Griff do you Mom and Dad work at the same place and how may hours will your Mom do now, hope your Dad gets his reduction maybe he can barter and maybe work extra hours some days to make 3 days off in the week?

Lynn pleased about the progress.

Sue you will have to get before and after pictures, odd how you get a feeling about some workmen isn't it. But I too trust my gut in these matters.

Brenda -the bug is on the move have a great day.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Kazz before video

computer sketch of what we hopefully will finish with something like.

Looks more modern and more space as well

I fully agree with Sue, this last rep inspired no confidence, just out to sell without any ideas or input.
The difference between someone who has worked in the trade and just a sales person could not be plainer.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2018, 04:06 PM
Awww Kazz, your poor mum. Yep both mine work for the council, mum in an office and dad cuts the grass in summer and does hedge cutting, litter picking leafing etc in winter. His summer hours are longer as a they need him more in summer so winter he has Mondays off, he wanted to take permanent Mondays off and have his regular day switched to a Friday through winter
Nice looking impression Tumbleweed
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2018, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Kazz before video

computer sketch of what we hopefully will finish with something like.

Looks more modern and more space as well

I fully agree with Sue, this last rep inspired no confidence, just out to sell without any ideas or input.
The difference between someone who has worked in the trade and just a sales person could not be plainer.
Wow looks like it will be great.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Much better use of space. Bathrooms always surprise me at how fast they look "out of their time" with things improving updating so quickly its not surprising. The first flat I brought in 1983 had a state of the art avacado bathroom suite.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2018, 05:18 PM
We had avocado bathroom in our second house
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Evening everyone.

Dillon been for his 3rd cartrophen injection today. There was a dog in the waiting room who was overly vocal and the owner kept yanking on his check chain not sure that was what he needed.
He went in before Dillon came out and we went to go in with Dillon into the room and he turned tail and rushed out with Gorden on the other end. Vet Ed followed and between us and treats we managed to coax him back in. He has never done that before even though he was a little suspicious of Ed last time and then Robert.
I so love our vets Ed got on the floor with me and we gave him treats. We were also so proud of Dillon to he was definitely perturbed about something in that room but allowed Ed to manipulate his elbows and feel his joints without so much of a grumble.
We bought a ring cutter the other week as my wedding ring like my engagement ring
last year was getting tight but I wanted Gorden to cut it off as it has little flowers in the pattern and he was able to cut it in the place where the extra bit of gold going in will not affect the pattern to much.
It was very difficult to get off very thick band so it took pliers to keep prising it open enough to get it over the knuckle.
All done now tucked up safe till finger goes down and we resize then it will go back to Hatton garden and the jeweller who did my engagement ring.

griff hope you sleep better tonight and glad poorly tummies seem settled. Good news for mum shame that dad couldn't get less hours.
Sue hope you manage to get the bathroom you want.
Kazz sorry to hear mum is still under the weather.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.