Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2018, 10:22 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday 3rd February 2018

Good morning all
Sleeting here!!! need to pop out today, mum is 60 on thursday so need to go and purchase cards and also one for my friends 18th
Lol LG, Mr Peacock was still mooching round when we left, i am sure you will approve of my lunch choice, spiced butternut squash and falafal veggie burger Lol, Steves choice would be much more approved off by you....a gourmet burger, it was that big he struggled to get it in his mouth Lol (and i consider him to have a big gob!)
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Good afternoon Griff and all who follow

Pleased you had a good night out and good luck with birthday card hunting.

Raining here now. Have been out tile hunting for the redo of our ensuite. Got a bargain, tiles priced at £28 per square metre we got for £10 so a huge saving and got 17 for the price of 16 as they were the end of line. We have been told we only need 15 but at least we should have plenty to cover breakages Also been looking at shower doors etc so now have a rough price for the fittings just need the cost of labour. Hopefully it will all come in within our estimate of cost.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2018, 12:43 PM
Afternoon all.

Very cold walk about this morning, but the rain held off. It's just starting now.

Cleaning son's flat this afternoon ready, I hope, for a decorator to come in. All depends on price and whether I think I can trust 'em or not so fingers crossed
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Mr Peacock was still mooching round when we left, i am sure you will approve of my lunch choice, spiced butternut squash and falafal veggie burger Lol
I would approve if I knew what all that was, never had anything like that glad you enjoyed it

Talking of Peacocks, did anyone see that story about some diva artist muppet who wanted to take her pet Peacock on a flight from New York to somewhere, she was refused and had been told three times (In writing and by phone) that it would not be allowed, yet still turned up at the airport

I really do despair of humans sometimes

I see that LG has developed a habit of turning up at 04:00 in the morning, heaven only knows what he is up to at that time It's true that one or other of the furries sometimes wants to go out at that time but if I attend I do it under remote control and dive back under the duvet asap
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Lol...I agree Harvey, LG must be up to no good
Chris hope you feel you can trust the workman
Sue...good bargain hunting there
Got the cards I needed, need to print something out on the computer from my dad to my mum ...hope I can do it
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2018, 04:23 PM
Not looking promising so far on the decorating front. Guy said he'd come out to quote probably this afternoon if not tomorrow. No show so far.

A far bigger problem is Gary himself. Among his many problems is that he's OCD. He has things lined up, eg he has 20 e cig batteries lined up on his mantelpiece as well as the same amount of cartomizers, chargers etc. Of course, I've had to start putting them away. He's not a happy chappie and when I started moving the 12 (yes 12) bottles of kitchen cleaner off his kitchen worktop, it was too much for him so he threw me out and proceeded to put them all back. Ah well, such is life. I'll give it another go tomorrow after his dad has text talked to him tonight.

I'm sure we'll get it done eventually, one way or another
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Chris, it was you that wants the butchers liver and beef isn't it?? Just been to my nisa shop and they have about 12 cans on the shelf...singles at 73p, do you have one?? If so they may have it, or be able to get it for you
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2018, 06:55 PM
No, we don't have one, but I've got Rosie settled on cooked mince at the moment so we are fine until they stock up again here. If they don't re-stock it's not that big of a deal now that I've found a good alternative, but thank you so much for thinking of us
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2018, 07:05 PM
No probs, was just mooching round the shop and spotted it
Hope your son realizes that you are just trying to help
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Been an interesting day. Rainy walks but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Max strolls, investigates, just doggy things.
We were on our way home from the last walk of the day.
"Get your effing dog out of my effing way or put in on an effing lead!"
This from a guy with three dogs on chain leads.

My dog was by my side at that point.
The jerk threatened to to report me to the police for not having my dog on a lead.

We just strolled on. Not enough. He threatened to let his "guard dogs" off their leash.
Tear my dog apart.
One was a Chihuahua.

His shouting may have upset Max. He was very calm and just tuck to me like glue.

We got lucky.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >