Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2018, 12:09 PM

Daily Thread Tuesday 23rd January

Good morning everyone

Hope your emails do some good for Gill Lynn.

Love the bungalow which would be future proof for you both. The house looks nice too. Fingers crossed you can sell soon and be on the move before this summer.

Hope Casey is still doing well on his meds Harvey.

I also hope you have now got your new medication Moyra and it will help you to get mobile again.

Well done at training last night Griff.

Thinking of your Kazz not a god start to your year. Hugs.

Dull and wet here this morning. Managed to get Teazle out first thing without getting to damp then headed off to do a monthly shop. All now packed away and cooking lunch.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Afternoon Sue and all who follow.
Email sent let's see if it has any effect.

Beth been round for a cuppa dropped some hints we had our eye on a couple of things. The house has downstairs cloakroom so when we become old we would not be in a position of only having an upstairs toilet and bathroom. Always useful.
They are really hoping they can sell before we market but I still feel they will be in with a chance if that happens.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Afternoon all
quite warm here a the moment...might change now the suns gone, been and fetched my dads trousers for him, went into primark to take some trousers back and ended up coming home with 2 bags full of stuff, the shoes will have to go back though...size 5 and they are massive!!
Chris, went into our wilko....none of the butchers you want in singles and no space for it either
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2018, 03:38 PM
Good afternoon all (2&4).
Sorry to read of the trials some of our members have been subjected to and the bad start to what should be a new and shiny year. Hoping that all will soon be remedied, results favourable and good health restored much sooner rather than later.
I have been busy of late, saying goodbye to an old friend of over 50 years during which we never had a wrong word. He was one of the most decent folk it has ever been my pleasure to meet. We buried him on Friday gone, not a lavish affair but attended by the whole village. I stayed down in Staffordshire with his family as I had been appointed Executor and gave what help I could to his widow and their daughters. It seems like one of the final chapters of a favourite book. There are now none of my old friends left and it seems strange although of course it has an inevitability to it which none of us can avoid.
Sorry it's such a downbeat post (not much like me really!) it wasn't meant to be so it just turned out that way.
Two bags of goodies from Primark eh! Griff! I have been in their Manchester store and having seen their prices those two bags must have set you back at least £1. lol !
Back to normal soon so please do all take care and it is as usual - bye fer now!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Gordon so sorry to read about your friend.
It is very sad when friends are gone this happened to mum very sad.
Do hope you feel better soon and that the sunshine when it appears brightens your mood.

Emailed MP got an email back very quickly to ring their office urgently his executive secretary is dealing with the problem. Spoke to her she then rang Peter and has now rung the council who say everything is passed and ready to go except for stairlift which hopefully won't be much longer now.
She is going to ring Peter at the end of the week to see if they have been in touch to confirm dates for ramp and wet room Peter is feeling very despondent again and I think he thought he would get dates today.
griff love Primark for a bargain.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-01-2018, 05:32 PM
Hi all
Just popped in to see what's going on

Seem to have lost my 'multi-quote' option, might be something to do with not having renewed my subscription would do it now if I knew how dare say I can work it out but need some time which seems to be elusive

Anyway, Lynn, glad the e-mail did some good, surely there's nothing else can hold up the things Gill needs.

Gordon, nice to see you. Although your friend has moved on you at least have some good memories to look back on. TBH I would be struggling to find anyone in the same category.

Casey and Lara are sleeping after the afternoon walk. We don't go far with Casey now but since he doesn't know he has a bad heart he still insists (one might even say 'demands') his walk
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Afternoon all