Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2018, 07:41 AM

Daily Thread Monday 22nd January

Good morning everyone

Moyra please take as much rest as you think you need dont listen to Steve

Pleasedyou got home safe after your journey to look at a house Lynn but as Harvey says look at somewhere with an easy route especially in winter. Pleased Gill is still doing well but the authorities definitely need a kick all this should have been done long ago it's not fair on her or Peter.

Was very wet here yesterday nearly all day so just hibernated Dry at the moment so will be out with Teaazle soon. Barry has an eye appointment at the hospital this morning then no doubt out for a pub meal

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Hve a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Morning Sue and all who follow.
Wet here today and grey and miserable again.

We have our eye on this we will take a trip out the end of the week for a perusal. Not far from Kings Lynn few minutes by car good roads but lots of peace and quiet and farmland on the doorstep.
Will need some updating but we don't mind that.
Need Paul and Beth to sell the flat now and we may be in with a chance. This one is appealing to us.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-61242887.html

We will find out today hopefully that stair lift and ramp will be going in asap. If not I will be doing a long and rather annoyed email to the local MP for their borough.
Off to the vet later with Dillon he needs his yearly health check to keep his insurance valid, he will also be starting four weeks of cartrophen today he has started limping on his right front leg after rest so elbows playing up again. It is almost a year since his last course so he has done well the supplements must be helping to.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Good Morning all.

Sorry for my absence, but been a terible fornight.

Lynn How terrible that your sister still does not have the things in place to make her life liveable and not dependant. Hope your BIL's back is holding up, as well.
Moyra Do what you can when you feel able not when anyone tells you you should your feet are essential to your motobility so you need them to heal well.
Mandy Glad the room sorting is coming together, and visitors will love it so much they will not leave....LOL
Sue So pleased that your trip went well and you are home safe and sound.LOL

To everyone only read the last couple of days so to everyone else hope all is good.

My news is pretty poor really.
Mom has we suspect dementia, my sister brother and I as well as wider family and friends have been concerned for a while but have now made an appointment to see her GP this Friday 26th as he knows her so well. This is not confirmed but a diagnosis we were expecting.
My AuntB who has learning difficulties and a condition similar to Downs Syndrome was taken into QE with pneumonia.....kept in for 10 days then came home and then diagnosed with CDif..............so been running around like an idiot.
And to top it all on the 9th Jan we lost Tia she was PTS to prevent further suffering her legs collapsed from under her twice on the Tuesday morning, I was at work came home to find her uanble to control them almost nd get strength in them, then she lost the use of her motobility completely she was lying down but seemed to be unable to move. Got her to the vets and she had picked up slightly then in the vets happened again and she lost control of her bowels and bladder. So the choice was made.

So all in all January has been not a rollercoaster but a one way downward spiral.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Sue and all who follow.
Wet here today and grey and miserable again.

We have our eye on this we will take a trip out the end of the week for a perusal. Not far from Kings Lynn few minutes by car good roads but lots of peace and quiet and farmland on the doorstep.
Will need some updating but we don't mind that.
Need Paul and Beth to sell the flat now and we may be in with a chance. This one is appealing to us.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-61242887.html

We will find out today hopefully that stair lift and ramp will be going in asap. If not I will be doing a long and rather annoyed email to the local MP for their borough.
Off to the vet later with Dillon he needs his yearly health check to keep his insurance valid, he will also be starting four weeks of cartrophen today he has started limping on his right front leg after rest so elbows playing up again. It is almost a year since his last course so he has done well the supplements must be helping to.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Lynn thats a lovely house, from what I know of you and Gordon that will suit you down to the ground,and your own driveway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YEAH
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2018, 10:13 AM
On the up side I am on holiday this week.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2018, 10:35 AM
Kazz what an absolute nightmare for you. Sending good wishes and hope everything settles down soon.
Enjoy your holiday a much deserved one.

We are trying not to get to excited but are hoping everything falls into place and if it does when seen if it suits will hopefully of found our forever home.
So I suppose if it's meant to be it will happen.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Take Care Kazz. Beautiful house Lynn. So surprised at how the prices differ from up there to down here. I wish!!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Hello all
Been to take Rosie for her boosters this morning, she was a good girl. Made me laugh because when the vet went to check her heart beat with the stethoscope Rosie hid behind me, every time I moved she moved as if to say ‘nope you can’t see me’ even the vet laughed. She’s such a wuss at times, saying that she never flinched with the jab

Lynn the house is lovely, I will keep everything crossed for you
And hopefully good news regarding Gill
Sue hope everything goes well for Barry at the eye clinic & you both enjoy the pub meal
Kazz how awful for you, sending hugs & that everything gets better for you from now
Moyra hope you feeling bit better today
Brenda hope you have a good day too
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Aw Kazz, you have a heck of a lot on your plate at the moment. <hugs>

I really feel for Peter and Gill, Lynn. Social Services are a nightmare. We've been at it for about 7 months now trying to get accommodation for my lad that will allow him independence, but has someone on site 24 hours a day. We found the ideal solution, waited 5 months for them to have a meeting only to be told that he's not old enough to move there - he's 48 and the age limit is 55. They've let younger people in before, but it seems they have now tightened up on the rules. The social worker was completely lost as to what to suggest next so I did a search and found a place on the internet that may suit. Now she is exploring that option. I'm not holding my breath that it will suit, but time will tell. It just feels like you're knocking your head against a brick wall over and over again.

Beautiful morning here. Sunny and 9 degrees - positively balmy.

We went to Poundland to see if we could solve the dog food problem, but they didn't have any in stock so tomorrow it's Tesco and a multipack. We'll ask round if anyone wants the three chicken tins, if not, I'll throw them away.

Hope you all have a good day xxx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Kazz, Hugs to you xx how absolutely awful
Lynn, shocking Gill is still struggling, totally unacceptable
Moyra, do as much as you can without hurting yourself too much, build it up slowly, so long as you are moving about a bit (you don't want to get a dvt)
Chris, if i go near any shops i will keep my eyes open...Steve feds molly butchers loaf?? i have no clue about wet food at all
Lol @Rosie, both mine are fruit loops in the vets, kota is totally out of control trying to lick everyone and Deagan bounces into the waiting room and consulting room as if she owns the gaff, i am so glad i persevered with taking her down soooo much as she had to be sedated the first 2 times and now she thinks it's great as she gets her tennis ball when she is done.
Steve had some stuff delivered to my house, just been to pick it up and i think i am going over for an hour tomorrow to wait at the house when he takes Molly out as he is having a delivery to his house and she will need her walk at lunchtime so he can go get muddy and i will stay in the warm Lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >