Male 

29-11-2012, 04:20 PM

Dogs you've met that left you feeling enamoured

...when you didn't think that breed was your 'type'
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Labradork's post reminded about a dog we met a while back.

Of course I love all dogs, but obviously some are more, or less, of my type than others - mostly I prefer larger breeds and ones that don't requite much grooming (typical bloke some of you might say lol).

Anyway, a while ago we met a Yorkshire Terrier and I was smitten the dog was stunning, and I reckon could easily have won crufts! Perfect coat, gait and just had a 'glow' about him. And he was 8 years old as well!

Anyone else been bowled over in a similar way?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Yes, by a Pug that my youngest son's then girlfriend landed me with at a moments notice, her mum was supposed to look after her while his girlfriend worked, they'd had it all planned for over a year. After 1 day her mum decided she couldn't cope so they asked if I could have her every day, house train her and look after her etc etc. I'd never given a Pug a second thought, well if I had it was to think they were a bit of an old people's dog. Jeez how wrong was I, the little Oike Ollie ran me ragged but she was so funny and full of fun and charm. She went back to her mum at about 6 months later and left a massive gap in our lives not to mention Diesel my Staffie who was in love with her. We decided to get a Pug of our own and not leave it till we were ancient just in case they were all that mental, which they are. We went on a waiting list and we waited and waited and it kept not working out for us for 2 years and along came Tucson as a late substitute. We were so taken with her we now have 2 and are being run ragged all over again. I love my Puggies to bits.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2012, 04:58 PM
A Newfoundland cross I met in Canada years ago . He and I just bonded and he would jump gates to be with me .

A wee Staffie near where I live who I just adore .

An Alaskan Malamute pup who used to lean against my legs when I was talking to his owner .

All dogs who are really not my type but I really liked.

Makes me think I could bond with most dogs . It's just usually their owners who are a pain
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I met a Bishon recently, now I have always had Bull Breeds, never even thought of a small fluffy dog, but this little boy was such a character, made me think..............
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2012, 07:22 PM
a cavvie x shitzu pup. recently bought by a family member. its so cute and i never thought i'd be saying that !
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I met an Irish Wolfhound when I was out walking yesterday, the biggest dog I have ever met in my life

She was so graceful, elegant and gentle that I came home and read up as much about them as I could! Although I'll never have one, I know that if I did I would be besotted
marygall
New Member!
Female 

29-11-2012, 07:56 PM
A friend of mine had a Maltese really - her real love was Yorkshire terriers and she had two of those as well but that little Maltese was such a honey. I'm not keen on long haired dogs but I would have had her any day.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2012, 09:10 PM
I met some wirehaired dachsunds at Crufts a couple of years ago. They usually arent my cup of tea because they are too small and i've always perceived them to be yappy, snappy ankle biters. These lot were adorable and I can now appreciate a nice wire teckel.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
I met an Irish Wolfhound when I was out walking yesterday, the biggest dog I have ever met in my life

She was so graceful, elegant and gentle that I came home and read up as much about them as I could! Although I'll never have one, I know that if I did I would be besotted
They do leave you feeling sort of spellbound don't they
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >