Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2012, 10:14 PM

What is your dog scared of?

Was out walking Rayne today, who was bred on a farm from working parents, and who was raised on a working farm for the first 9 weeks of her life where she had free roam of pretty much the whole farm. Anyway, today's discovery was that she is scared of pigs! Bless her I did have a to chuckle to myself as I found it slightly ironic.

So what ironic things worry your dogs?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Oh poor Rayne - well pigs can be very scarey things, cos they are reputedly even more intelligent than dogs

Jimmi is scared of squeaky toys.........really daft because anything alive that squeaks and he is in full chase mode
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Neither of my dogs are scared of anything (that they have ever come across)
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2012, 05:43 AM
My german shepherd is scared of everything, dogs she doesn't know, people, traffic, food sometimes, plastic bags etc. My Labrador and my puppy are scared of nothing.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2012, 06:57 AM
My Estrelas are scare of fireworks, and Rio is spooked by wind turbines. Keiko recently went through a fear period where she would suddenly spook at things that she was never concerned about before, but that has passed and she's pretty solid now. Rogue is scared of people blowing raspberries. Don't ask me why - but she will run away if she hears anything like a raspberry noise. She also has an aversion to alcohol in glasses, but will happily drink water from a glass. I call her my Mormon Russell.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Daphni is scared of big dogs, mainly because she's been chased by two wolfhounds and also attacked by a couple of dogs. She now let's out a high pitch whine when se goes past them (she also does it with cows)

Asbo.. Where do I start with him? he is mainly scared of things that aren't in their rigt place. For instance we had to walk past the school which is no problem, but someone had placed a giant bag of builders sand there, which he didn't like. If he thinks something is out of place then he will bark at it or growl at it, and the majority of the time not walk past it.
fiwen30
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Rogan is wary of cows and sheep xD He doesn't like traffic coming too close, or walking past a certain house that usually has it's 3 angry dogs unsupervised in the front garden who hassle passers by...
Kuromi
New Member!
Female 

08-04-2012, 09:31 AM
One of mine is, true to his breed, fearless...except when it comes to the awnings hanging over butchers shops, he hates those!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2012, 09:42 AM
My Lab is scared of nothing.

My Slovak doesn't like the hoover. I don't know if she is "scared" as such, but she runs out of the room when its on. Apart from that, I don't think she is scared of anything.

My Yorkie is quite scared of larger dogs. She'll tolerate them and doesn't show any signs of being scared provided they don't try and interact with her. If she do, she'll try and get away.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Raz - people especially women.
Daisy - nothing, unfortunately
Shamus - big drunk men.
Prince - difficult to tell as he bounces through life squealing Ooooh! Look!!!!! A Digger!!!!! A Dog!! A Leaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >