Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by merryvale View Post
I'm not asking as I already know lol

Dig out info? You should KNOW without having to look what qualifications you possess.

As far as I can see no one here is "freaking out" We are however not prepared to sit here and allow you to spout utter rubbish and inflict pain and fear on animals just to inflate your ego.

Oh and you have still not answered Moonstones question correctly. I beleive they asked what your qualifcations are re dog behavior and training
Re the thread lol.

Adam
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post

But it's so hard to ignore
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-02-2011, 05:26 PM
and satisfying to prove him wrong again and again and again.....
TheABCs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-02-2011, 05:29 PM
It's like 2 dogs running up and down the opposite sides of the fence - both self rewarding - you know what you SHOULD do, Dawes paws!
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Re the thread lol.

Adam
I have and nowhere have you stated what qualifications you have in dog behaviour and training!

A simple answer is obviously beyond your capability!
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-02-2011, 05:32 PM
The degree, if it doesn't count to you tough!

Adam
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Are you able to answer my question Adam?

Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
If you know so much about me merryvale why are u asking.

Just search the forum for info on my qualifications, I'm not interested in digging it out.

Anyway nice to see that went presented with a viewpoint you lot can't understand you all freakout so much lol.

Adam
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
But Adam, I wasn't just asking historically; what I said was:

Originally Posted by Lucky Star

And how do you think, Adam, that people train dogs simply by talent, rapport, natural instinct, etc.? I mean before, and aside from, torture collars and named regimes? You won't know, of course, because you have no rapport with dogs and can't fathom that kind of relationship. Yet so many people do. Without studying so-called animal behaviour (horses, in your case, I believe). Why can't you?

Many people are able to train their dogs without any knowledge of so-called 'training methods'. They do it instinctively, working with their dog. They do it kindly and have fun too. And they build up trust between them and a wonderful bond.

As for using an e-collar from the start, I am assuming you are referring to a puppy, since this is when basic training usually commences. Teaching the command "sit", going to the toilet in the desired area, learning to walk around the garden on a lead, etc. What a revolting thought that conjures up, using an electric collar on a puppy that is only, what, 8 weeks old perhaps?

I don't know anyone who has had problems in training their puppy to "sit", for instance, and who would have needed to stick on an e-collar in order to achieve it and certainly not attach one to their pup's genitals.

Please don't tell me you stick electric collars on puppies that are just a few weeks old.

Do you use collars to teach puppies or dogs to go to the toilet in the area where you want them to go?
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by TheABCs View Post
It's like 2 dogs running up and down the opposite sides of the fence - both self rewarding - you know what you SHOULD do, Dawes paws!
dont know WHAT you mean!!.....
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Adam, although I definitely don't subscribe to your methods, and infact find them to be quite upsetting, I will not bash you. But I will ask you, as a human being...who like all of us, are constantly learning (or SHOULD be)...if you find evidence, overwhelming evidence infact, that there is a much nicer, more positive and still just as effective if not more so way of training dogs, would you not be even a tad bit interested in trying those other methods? I find it sad when someone who is capable of so much, closes themself off to new ways of thinking, of doing things, and the hard part is that it's the dogs who are going to be suffering for it Adam, not you. It's not YOU who are being trained this way. So, instead of stagnating...why not try a better way?
The world of dogs and training is a diverse world. There are differing opinions on every topic immaginable. But at the end of the day, I think if we truly love and respect dogs, we should WANT to do whatever we can to make their lives HAPPY, Healthy, and secure. If you can gain that without doing what you've always done, and by trying something different...why wouldnt you? I've learned much over the past two years of having Luke. I'm always open to new ideas, to changing up things that may work better, may make Luke happier. Shouldnt you want the same?
Page 16 of 38 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »