View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 08:56 AM
I would not change the name, and like others have said tell the cousin and anyone else who says you should to get stuffed xx
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 09:30 AM
This is so crazy, an 8 year old dog and they want to name their baby the same name, all sounds hand that rocked the cradle like she's taking over everything that is yours, If you want to retain anything of value to you then you need to stop this now, If anyone even dares to mention a name change i'd say NO Nancy is 8 for gods sake, your cousin has known this all that time and still wants to use the name! So let her, she will sound the crazy one naming her baby after a family members dog, where will it stop otherwise, what if you have a baby and then she wants his/her name, would you then be expected to rename your child
Kaska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-12-2012, 09:38 AM
It wouldn't be a topic for discussion as far as I'm concerned, but from what you say in this situation your parents would side with your cousin over yourself??

No I wouldn't change the name and nor would anyone else on here I believe, but at the end of the day I suppose it depends on whether you could bear the repercussions? It does sound ridiculous to me.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 09:47 AM
I would have two words for her......the first being four letters and beginning with 'f', the second being 'off'. I wouldn't want anything to do with someone so stupid and unreasonable regardless of whether they were related to me.
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-12-2012, 09:48 AM
If your cousin wants to use the name, fair enough, but you should not have to change your dogs name.

So what if the baby has the same name, lots of people have the same names as each other ,there are not enough names for every body and every animal to be different.

Perhaps you should point out that the child will outlive the dog for many years and it is no big deal and you don't mind at all her using the same name.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Oh I mind - but there's nowt I can do about it! (It's one reason I've deliberately not told the family our planned baby names because she's the sort who would)
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Oh I mind - but there's nowt I can do about it! (It's one reason I've deliberately not told the family our planned baby names because she's the sort who would)
I'd have to be a b***h at that point and tell her my baby names were....Gargamel for a boy and Fanny for a girl
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
I'd have to be a b***h at that point and tell her my baby names were....Gargamel for a boy and Fanny for a girl
Ahem - and what is wrong with the name Fanny? I had an Auntie Fanny, but then it was a popular name a long time ago!
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes, but she is expecting you to mind, that's why you tell her you don't, steal her thunder!
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Tell her you you are really flattered and honoured that she's chosen that name.

That should really wind her up!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >