Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
Oh it is...I too blamed myself,but that's naturel ....I didn't even want to look at them (the dogs)

But I learned,grieved and moved on nature is cruel,the dogs had forgotten bout it so I guess we have to too xx
Thats so true. Gracie doesnt know that what she did was wrong. To her, my buns were no different to the wild ones she chases (but never catches!) out on a walk. Thank you for understanding. xx
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I just don't think many people would of sat back and allowed anyone to blame Gerri, and I think if they did all hell would break loose! As I doubt many see Gerri as a good person who loves her animals, Gerri you needn't of worried, as although things have happened here no ones petty enough to lay blame at your door, espcially when its clear how devastated you are.
Thank you Chaz. You've been so kind. xx
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Sorry there was meant to be a don't in there as in I doubt many don' see you as a good person who loves her animals but you deserve kindess, you've done nothing wrong and are a good person, if only there was more owners were as kind and caring as you, coz then animals would be in a lot better way then they are today, just look at the way you've not blamed Gracie too, Im sure that there would be people who would, but you are kind enough to know that she didn't mean it, and continue to love her unconditionally.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Sorry there was meant to be a don't in there as in I doubt many don' see you as a good person who loves her animals but you deserve kindess, you've done nothing wrong and are a good person, if only there was more owners were as kind and caring as you, coz then animals would be in a lot better way then they are today, just look at the way you've not blamed Gracie too, Im sure that there would be people who would, but you are kind enough to know that she didn't mean it, and continue to love her unconditionally.
Bless you Chaz. I came home and I wanted to hate Gracie (how awful am I) But I took one look at her and I felt so sorry for her. Everyone was crying and she knew something was wrong. She looked so sad, I just had to hug her. She doesnt know it was wrong. She didnt do it to hurt me. She was following her instinct. We've now built the fence up to six foot and I pray she doesnt clear that!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Thank you so much everyone. I've truly been touched by your kindness. I must admit, I hesitated before posting as I expected a few replies that were less than positive but Im genuinely blown away that no one has apportioned blame. Thank you. xxx
This could SO easily have happened to me with Rupert and my rats. No matter what precautions you take there is always a risk and it only takes a few moments for something like this to happen.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Your not awful for wanting to hate Gracie, as you couldn't, didn't and don't hate her, she's a lucky girl to have such a understanding owner, have you thought though, as you mentioned that you think she was after cats (might not remember the whole thing so bare with me) putting up wire along the top thats just supported enough to hold its own weight, but that the supports wont snap, so that if a cat goes to go in there the wire falls on the side that they are on so that the wire bends back, as cats aren't meant to like this and jump down, I just can't remember the supports, someone I know was gonna do this to keep her housecats in, but I suppose depending on where the lil pets are kept it may not be suitable.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Dogs are dogs and bunnies are bunnies. I cant imagine how you must feel but please dont blame yourself, I'm positive those bunnies spent the best time of their lives living with you. I have guinea pigs and greyhounds and this is what I worry about the most. Sleep well little bunnies and big hugs to you all there xxxxx
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5