Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lucylou
New Member!
Female 

01-12-2006, 02:15 PM

poorly leg - off to vets later

my yorkie fell backwards whilst trying to get on the sofa this morning and a little while later my husband noticed he was limping on his back right leg. he has booked him into the vets at 4.15. have come home from work and he didn't get up to see me although he was pleased to see me and is just lying on his cushion looking very sad. i don't think its anything too serious as he is not yelping or crying and he does that when it really hurts but all the same its horrible when he usually leaps around in excitement when i come home to see him not want to get up

feeling a little stressed, maybe I worry too much??
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 02:20 PM
I don't think you can ever worry too much, always best to get these things checked by a vet. I hope the little lad feels better soon.
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Poor little thing, maybe hes just pulled something and feeling a bit stiff. Hope he is better soon x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 03:10 PM
well i definately worry to much and it is not a bad thing
as others have said hopefully he will just have pulled/strained something,i am sure you have sprained an ankle and can remember how sore that can be
i hope he is soon better
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Poor little mite
Hope he's ok!
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 04:55 PM
I am keeping my fingers crossed for him too, I hope he is ok.

Good luck

kye xxx
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 05:02 PM
R bless i hate seeing them looking all sad i hope every thing went ok keeping my fingers crossed
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 05:06 PM
We all worry too much about them, coz we all care so much, so you're not alone there, well, not in here anyway! Poor little man, he's probably pulled a muscle and he'll be right as rain in a day or so. Hopefully the vet will give him some painkillers, anti-inflammatory ones, and he won't be in any pain whilst it's on the mend. Awwwww, poor little chap.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi Lucylou regardless of their diminutive appearance Yorkies are tough little terriers. Hope all is well and that your little one is better soon
lucylou
New Member!
Female 

01-12-2006, 05:13 PM
thanks for all your replies, i felt a lot calmer going to the vets having read them.

vet thinks not kneecap or cruciate ligament - phew ! thinks he has damaged soft tissue,is on metacam over the weekend back to vet on monday for check up. vet stretched his legs right out (made me cringe) but this seems to have really helped as he has walked on his leg since we've been home and seems a lot happier so now so am i!!

the vet did mention he wants to examine his left hip further when he is better because he thinks he may have the beginnings of perthes disease. I have read up on this before but not known any dogs with it - anyone have an experiences???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >