Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2014, 05:41 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning everyone. Should of stayed in bed a bit longer got up for the bathroom and getting up seemed a good idea till I did. May take a nap on the sofa when have done this and had my cuppa.
Wet outside has been still maybe raining whatever it is wet.
gardens needed it and we are very fine soil here so however much you water it dries very quickly.
Gorden home sometime this evening and he is bringing tea with him. Just a quick tidy today did through the house yesterday.

Helena hope you are not too sore today and that all went well with the hospital yesterday.
Rose I think you have something going on with the courts today so wishing you well with that.
Anyone else with aches and pains or who is feeling poorly hoping you feel better soon. Two and four legged friends.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-06-2014, 06:28 AM

Ditto for me too Lynn only it was getting up for Da Booga's pills that kept me up! Actually in spite of a rather late night plus one "out" for her, the sleep I did have must have been sound and good battery-charging!

I also hope Helena's finger/s/hand feels a lot better today and has freedom, and that whatever Rosebud has to do with the courts goes well for her.

I have some freezer juggling to do as I need to make a list of what is running low so I can order it from Tirza - I have some of Da Booga's stuff in ThreeBees but there is enough space in her freezer to transfer it to there, and when the fresh comes I will have the fast freezing shelves in ThreeBees in which to freeze it all.

But first must put the washing on - not too much but at least it will clear the basket.

I hope all two- and four-legged ones are well and wish you all a

Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Morning

Just having a quick coffee then it's all systems go.

I hope you are okay Helena.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Morning Malka and Linda.

All systems go are you at the Thunderbirds headquarters Linda.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2014, 06:53 AM
Hello all.
Wet here too Lynn. Is it Gordens birthday today? I lost track. Happy birthday if it is, sorry if it's not!
Morning Malka and LS.
Love winging it's way to Helena from here too, hope all is well.
I'm experimenting today I will explain later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Morning Nippy Jen. Ooohhh experimenting looking forward to hearing what with or about.
No not Gorden's birthday today his is next month and our anniversary the same day.
Eileen's OH this weekend and of course Brian's. Sunday.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Shucks, I thought I had it wrong!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Morning Lynn and all

Oh what a day yesterday, but suffice to say, I'm now sporting a very tight bandage and sticky plaster on that finger and a bright mauve new cast she made me, which I've had to modify with cotton wool pads either side cos the sharp plastic is sticking into the fingers either side.

He told me there would be just two small injections this time, either side of the finger and that I wouldn't thank him if he didn't. He lied of course, cos where did he put them? He dug them deep and slowly into the soft bit inbetween the fingers and I counted, and there were SIX!! Lying there again in the operating theatre under the big lights, with the men in blue coats and masks on, all quite traumatic, but after a bit of cutting and pulling job done, lots of blood so he had to get the blood sucker on it, cos I heard him ask for that.

Then my lovely nurse who had seen to me last time around came and got me and took me into the discharge ward. She knows what I'm like with the talking, so again she told me to shut up for once whilst she put the bp cuff on and set up the machine. She then disappeared so I couldn't talk, but the machine got tighter and tighter and buzzed loudly with an Error on it so she came running back and said I must have talked or moved, but I didn't (honest!) She set it up again and went off. Then my worst nightmare, tighter and tighter it got, buzzing and buzzing and It didn't release, jeesus Christ I had to call out and she came running over and blamed me again cos she said it's never done that before, it's not supposed to do that and was I ok, and she hugged me. Small consolation for almost having my arm squeazed off though! She said she was going to do it on herself when I'd gone and I hope she got the same result lol.

Anyhoo, I'm now sporting a bright mauve finger cast but only on the finger with a really tight bandage which of course doesn't allow me to bend it again, just like that metal When are they gonna let me have my finger back I wonder? Two more weeks of this, then they'll take the bandage off which seems a flippin long time to me, but he said if it falls on in a week that won't matter, so maybe it will.

Cannot fault my care and attention, I'm one very lucky lady to have a finger healing nicely and best of all it's straight, cos there's no way it would have healed up bent sideways he told me. Onwards we go then, more hospital trips, still a prisoner cos she said can't drive for at least another 2 weeks till they've seen me again, so poor dave is still committed to my wellbeing and care.

Apart from that, the good news is, Zena did me a normal poop this morning and that's a first for 2 weeks or more, and she's full of beans even though she was left for 8 hours yesterday with tony popping in and no walk at all. What a star she is. Today she's going to traumatise my cleaning lady and her husband as he's coming round to check out what I want done in the garden next week, but the sooner she meets them the better, then she'll let them come and go if they need to.

Still hot, hot, hot here and still no rain, the ground is like concrete.

Tony out with zena, she didn't want to go again, cos she doesn't like this onlead stuff, so he said he'd go a diferent way today. I wanted to walk her myself, but dave won't let me until I've been out with him and her first. I really am in a care home here then, not safe to be let out alone lol.

Hope everyone is doing ok, and thanks for thinking of me yesterday, now the worst is over for me I think....I hope!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Morning Helena feeling your pain here. Thank goodness that bit is out of the way for you. Those automatic bp machines are a nightmare always playing up with mum when I use to take her to the clinic. Always ended up being done manually.
Glad Zena's poops are back to normal. She probably didn't want to go today as you had such a long day away yesterday. Nooooooo dog walking for you yet missus. Patience.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Morning all,
Quick pop in as I've lots to do before work, and Liam and Sarah arriving later this afternoon.
Also looking after a little one for a couple of hours in between

See ya later, cuppa first I think

Sorry meant to add-
Helena, I've had the automatic machines try to squeeze my arm off too, much prefer the manual ones hope you feeling a bit better with your hand, the end is in sight now
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »