Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
laceymreid
New Member!
Female 

10-01-2013, 11:58 AM

Four-year-old bitch in heat for the first time

I have had my bitch for a year and a half, we got her from the dogs home and were told that she was spayed, she is now in heat and I have never experienced this before and need a few pointers on what to do to help her as she is feeling really sorry for herself and is constantly licking which I know is normal but can it also be harmful? I will be taking her to the vets in the morning but for right now I would appreciate any help
Thanks
Lacey
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Doesn't sound right does it I'd be taking her to the vets too, so good luck with her.

Are you getting ALL the symptoms, i.e. the blood spots, the swollen bits etc.?? She shouldn't be feeling like you say she's acting either, even if she hadn't been speyed and it was a normal season, something's not quite right here. I've had 2 dogs with pyometra over the years, and they were sorry for themselves and licking, hence the reason I took them to the vets but they weren't speyed. If she's been speyed, then of course, pyo would be out of the question....or would it? I'm not clued up enough on that to know the answer.

I think you're right to be questioning this, and hopefully, you can get her to the vet. All the best.
laceymreid
New Member!
Female 

10-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Thanks for your reply, she is quite swollen and it's not so much blood but discharge now, she has a vet appointment for the morning