Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 09:44 AM

Explosive rear end

phoebe has got a very up set tummy. got up early yesterday to pools of poop in my kitchen. By 12 yesterday we were up to 8 runny poops. getting more and more like water as the day went on. Late last night it had blood in and we have had 2 this morning that have also had blood in.

Not all the poop has been in the house but most has. She cries runs to the kitchen then kaboom i dont even have time to get my shoes on She is very un happy about being starved. Were booked in at vets at 11am

Im blaming my hubby as the night before he gave phoebe a egg custard as this is the only thing out of the normal she has had but it could also be a bug shes picked up while out on her walk.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Aw poor girl I'd give her plain boiled rice and chicken, easy to digest and let her tummy have a rest, can't be fun for you either she's a big girl so must be messy
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Poor Phoebe and poor you. Fingers crossed for the vet visit. xx
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Aw poor girl I'd give her plain boiled rice and chicken, easy to digest and let her tummy have a rest, can't be fun for you either she's a big girl so must be messy
No its not very fun

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Poor Phoebe and poor you. Fingers crossed for the vet visit. xx
yes im hoping its nothing as the receptionist scared the crap out of me saying something about her pancreas.

I only phoned to ask should i starve her a little longer
JMC
New Member!
Female 

12-12-2012, 10:40 AM
I hope all goes well. The few times I've had dogs with the same problem it has never been serious, so fingers crossed
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
all is fine. Vet says it is hubbys fault so he will be paying the vets bill. We have been given some panacur powders and some weird paste thing pro-kolin+

I dont know how to use the syringe the paste is in i have done the first one that was easy. I had to give 8ml so i wind the thing to 8 and push, easy peasy. Now what? do i wind it to 16, 24? Reception was really busy and i just wanted to get out i didnt think to ask what i do

Amazed phoebe ate the food with the powders and yukky grey paste on but i suppose she was starving may not go down so easy later
fiwen30
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Heya, sorry to hear about Pheobe :/

Rogan had the Pro-Kolin paste a couple of weeks ago, and you're exactly right - if she has to have 8ml at a time, wind the wheel to +8 each time. So 16, 24, 32 etc. till you get to the end of the syringe.

If she wont eat the paste with her food, try syringing it straight into her mouth from the side. Might not work with all dogs, but it went right down the hatch with Rogan.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by fiwen30 View Post
Heya, sorry to hear about Pheobe :/

Rogan had the Pro-Kolin paste a couple of weeks ago, and you're exactly right - if she has to have 8ml at a time, wind the wheel to +8 each time. So 16, 24, 32 etc. till you get to the end of the syringe.

If she wont eat the paste with her food, try syringing it straight into her mouth from the side. Might not work with all dogs, but it went right down the hatch with Rogan.
thanks. Thought best to check as i wasnt sure.

Now she has a bit of food in her belly she is much happier and is having a snooze
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Phew hope it soon clears up, according to SB you can use pro~biotic yoghurt (peoples one) to add the good bacteria back to poorly tums too x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Sorry that Phoebe has been so poorly, at least she is on the mend now. Is hubby still in the dog house
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >