Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dee Buzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2008, 11:05 AM

Eukanuba or Royal Canin anyone?

As my last post was about a Belgian food that I guess no one had heard of (lots of viewings but no replies!)...I am now asking if Eukanuba or Royal Canin are any good? I've read a lot of postings on other foods, but haven't yet seen any reference to these two. Any opinions? Thanks!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-04-2008, 11:12 AM
I can only speak on Royal Canin, Skye was on that for a while and she was fine on it with no problems whatsoever.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 11:21 AM
I feed Royal Canin and Max does look really good on it, I did try changing foods as Max really didn't seem to like it, but I've come to the conclusion that he's just fussy as he's the same with any food I try him on
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm just about to wean my litter, looking at the ingredients although Eukanuba is good for my adult dogs, the RC is looking better for new pups.

Have tried my adults on RC and for some reason gave all their fur an orange tinge - ok if you have an orange/gold dog but not so good if they are black/blue roan.

So I have yet to decide too!
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2008, 11:37 AM
We raised our last Golden litter on Royal Canin and they were very nice pups, good bone and healthy weights, they did well on it. However, we advised that the new owners didn't keep them on it because of the very high protein content.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

07-04-2008, 11:46 AM
All four of mine are on Royal Canin and I have to say it is the only one that all four eat with relish and seem to be thriving on it.

Eukanuba I am not a fan of
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 11:48 AM
I have fed Royal Canine for some time & have always had good results on it. Its also one of the foods my vet recommends. Mind you I now feed the breed specific type.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 11:54 AM
I've had experience with different types of Royal Canin with a dog who had EPI and couldn't tolerate normal food. I used the prescription diet ones, the capelin and tapioca sensitivity control, and then on to the digestive low fat one. I had no problems with the foods they saved my dog's life at the time of changing over to them as recommended by my vet, and I like the way they do specific foods for specific disorders in dogs. Brilliant foods, I cannot fault them, although a bit pricey.
Dee Buzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Great! Thanks guys! Love the idea that RC gives the coat an orange tinge! Our Kooiker-to-be is orange and white so that won't be a problem! Think I'll give it a try. What's wrong with Eukanuba that makes it unpopular?
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 01:17 PM
My last dog was fed Eukanuba all her life and did fine on it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >