View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Afternoon all. Only just catching up here today just sat down with a coffee.
I was late getting up this morning (8.30)eek!! So it's put me back for all day. Had a quick walk this morning then off to Morrisons for the shopping. Hubby had ordered a new camera (as if he's not got enough of them) from PC World that we had to pick up today so while we were paying for the shopping I noticed the gift cards they sell where you can get money off fuel if you buy them. We ended up buying 20 £20 cards £400's worth. So he can get 40p a litre off fuel. Every little helps. Anyway it took ages for these cards to be scanned & the queue was getting longer & you could feel everyone behind us getting impatient.
Went home & unpacked & then down to PC World- got his camera & then had to go through the whole process again with the cards to pay. Home for a quick lunch & then a 2 hr walkies. Fortunately it's very mild & dry.
Just having a quick coffee before I start doing some work. Not even washed the breakfast dishes yet.
OH has gone to the chiropodist - he's got an ingrowing toe nail
that isn't healing so he might have to have the nail off
He's got so many things wrong with him lately if he was a Dog I'd shoot him
Have a good day everyone.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry to hear about Baruska it does get worrying when they stop being their normal bouncy selves. Hopefully she will perk up later or tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sorry to hear about Bara there Harvey, it's the little things like that, you notice when they're getting older isn't it, maybe she's just having one of her off days, I hope so bless her.
Thanks to both of you. I remember you both saying that Ollie and Georgie had good and bad days, it's looking that way with Bara, today was not so good. She used to be the first one at the car when we were going out, she would jump in and give me a dirty look if I hadn't opened the sliding window and today she stayed at home she was outside until it started rainning a few minutes ago, then she came in and plonked herself down in a room next to our bedroom.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Where are you as compared to Rosebud. I used to notice when I was at ex-OH in the South West it used to stay light a lot longer this time of year compared to the north west where I am, so if Rosebud is in South West Ireland (no idea where you are geographically Rosebud, I am hopeless) and you are say in the opposite direction then it will stay darker your end.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Very dark day here, with a fine rain, but warm. All girlies been out for a walk and are settled with bones and an interested audience of babies, I am sure it won't be long before the babies have the bones away from them They were late risers this morning, they are becoming less and less dependent on mummy, I am making sure they have more than enough to eat so they are full and contented, they still have a drink from her when I pop them in the puppy palace in the morning when I have cleaned but they are nowhere near as frantic to get to her as they were this time last week. Had a little cry before because I realised that Sasha goes to her new family a week today, Che goes on the 17th, thank goodness it is not the same day, it takes me a day or so to get myself back together when they go, then fingers crossed they will all keep in touch this time (they say they will) and I will know how things are going.
I think there is some sort of doggy bug going round you know because Taran's mummy emailed to say he was poorly, then Lona wasn't too clever the other day, nothing specific, but she wasn't herself and she didn't want to eat for a day, totally not her, and the babies were poorly as well but only for a day thank goodness, not sure if it was worming them I have never had that reaction before, but maybe they had got a mild dose of whatever it is that is going round. Last day for worming them today, and Che had cottoned onto what was going to happen and wouldn't let me open his mouth to pop the syringe in, he has very sharp teeth as I found out, ouch!!!! He was wormed though
Just finished cleaning up and having a cup of tea and some toast, then I will take the tree down and the decs, didn't put much up really so won't take long. Got some friends of mine coming over to microchip the babies in the morning tomorrow, so will get it all looking less like a doss house today I think!!!!
Here is today's Puppy Fix-and it is Keshi
Afternoon June. Lovely puppy fix again today thank you.
They are growing so quick. I think you must need a rest now after your hectic day again.

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Afternoon all. Only just catching up here today just sat down with a coffee.
I was late getting up this morning (8.30)eek!! So it's put me back for all day. Had a quick walk this morning then off to Morrisons for the shopping. Hubby had ordered a new camera (as if he's not got enough of them) from PC World that we had to pick up today so while we were paying for the shopping I noticed the gift cards they sell where you can get money off fuel if you buy them. We ended up buying 20 £20 cards £400's worth. So he can get 40p a litre off fuel. Every little helps. Anyway it took ages for these cards to be scanned & the queue was getting longer & you could feel everyone behind us getting impatient.
Went home & unpacked & then down to PC World- got his camera & then had to go through the whole process again with the cards to pay. Home for a quick lunch & then a 2 hr walkies. Fortunately it's very mild & dry.
Just having a quick coffee before I start doing some work. Not even washed the breakfast dishes yet.
OH has gone to the chiropodist - he's got an ingrowing toe nail
that isn't healing so he might have to have the nail off
He's got so many things wrong with him lately if he was a Dog I'd shoot him
Have a good day everyone.
Afternoon TM shouldn't laugh about you shooting OH but it did make me giggle.
Sounds like your day was busy too enjoy a rest later if you can.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Where are you as compared to Rosebud. I used to notice when I was at ex-OH in the South West it used to stay light a lot longer this time of year compared to the north west where I am, so if Rosebud is in South West Ireland (no idea where you are geographically Rosebud, I am hopeless) and you are say in the opposite direction then it will stay darker your end.
I am West Coast ie South West Ireland on the Atlantic seaboard nearly

Lived ten years on and offshore North Scotland island where it was really dark in winter and never got dark in summer unless thick cloud cover.

As I get SAD with the M.E used to sleep 19 hours a day in winter and rarely in summer so Ireland is easier!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2013, 04:19 PM
MM is in Essex, so that is SE (I think anyway) it will be darker there than it is where you are Rosebud. It is already darkish here now and got the curtains drawn and lamps on, babies in the kitchen and have deigned to eat tuna in sunflower oil with a small amount of bio yogurt and cottage cheese, RESULT!!! Even Sasha was eating it, and she looks at you like you are trying to poison her everytime you give them something new
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Kesh is a darling. Aw, you will cry a bit June, I know I would. *hugs*

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'afternoon Lynn and everyone

Dillon is a good boy, he can't help the odd bit of barking, he will calm down in time.

We did the weekly food shop this morning and for the first time ever Baruska wouldn't move from her favorite spot so we left her there and when we came back she didn't run down to the gate either. It's obvious she is getting old now and it's hard to see her like that especially as Rianna (who is almost the same age) is still very active. That's life I suppose.

Best wishes to all of you out there
How is Baruska now? Big hugs, it is hard to see them slow down.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2013, 04:22 PM
I'll cry a lot, I keep filling up thinking about it, and got to start the puppy packs yet, that always sets me off whilst I am doing them
Heard from Taran's mummy last night and she said she was so glad she had managed to snatch him away from me, she doesn't know what life would be like without him Well the tack room would probably be clear of chewed up brushes I would imagine
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Aw, *hands TW a hanky - oops, it's the one I just snivelled into , thinking of their little packs.*

I'm sure they will keep in touch with you - I did with Loki's until truths started to come out.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 04:25 PM
MM is in Essex, so that is SE (I think anyway) it will be darker there than it is where you are Rosebud. It is already darkish here now and got the curtains drawn and lamps on, babies in the kitchen and have deigned to eat tuna in sunflower oil with a small amount of bio yogurt and cottage cheese, RESULT!!! Even Sasha was eating it, and she looks at you like you are trying to poison her everytime you give them something new
I thought that was YOUR tea and was quite envious...Your puppies eat better than I do!

Must go and serve chicken and veg to mine and then find
find something for me; grasing on toast today..
not up to anything more.

Have a lovely evening everyone...
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »