View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2004, 10:32 AM

Doggie vaccinations NOT needed annually!

Just brought this link across from another forum, makes very interesting reading:-

http://www.intervet.co.uk/company/co...mpany_news.asp
Anonymous
Dogsey Junior

29-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Yep, it's what we've known for years but Vet's have been fighting it to protect their income!
I notice that Intervet have tried to placate the Vets by suggesting that you still take your dog along for an annual MOT so that the Vet's don't loose the opportunity to sell expensive wormers and flea spray!!
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2004, 05:57 AM
In the US we have to vaccinate for rabies by law . In NY where I am it's every year, but I've heard in other states it's every other... I don't believe yearly's are neccessary myself.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2004, 07:23 AM
We had it up in a show on the telly not long ago. I think the vet said, yes you don't have to vaccinate every year but some of the vaccine only lasts a year. I think he mentioned parvo - but I'm not sure, because its a couple of months ago. My vet never tries to sell me anything when I'm there and believe you me, I'm coming pretty often - I'm a first time dogowner and a big coddle. (thank the lord for a dictionary )
so I think I'm gonna keep going once a year and bring the cat aswell.

Jeanette