Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clue1e55
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2004, 12:54 PM

Embarassing Doggie Problem

Can anyone advise me on what to do with my pug girlie. I Collected her from a breeder about three months ago, she had all sorts of skin/health problems, and after lots of time effort and money has been sorted. she had lived in a kennel enviourment. she is 30 months old.
She is desperate for attention all the time, (which isnt the problem) right this is. She spends all her time running after the other four dogs keeping there MINNIES spotlessly clean. and i spend all my time in her company telling her to stop it. its now started to really drive me nuts. she is such a friendly girl and wants fuss all the time. (but her face smells) it is sooo offputting, cos you want to pick her up and cuddle her, but have to give her face a wash first cos you know where its been (stop laughing everyone)
any suggestions would be really aprecated.
(im dredding some of your replys) LOL
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-05-2004, 01:46 PM
keep her away fom the others....
or give her sommin 'better' to lick!
liberty
Dogsey Senior

28-05-2004, 02:05 PM
I'm probably completely wrong here, but it sounds as if she is 'mothering' your other dogs, as a bitch with pups would do

Maybe one of the breeders on here might have some suggestions for you, such as using a doggy 'Bitter Spray' on the other dogs bits, to make them unappealing??

liberty
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Quote:-

Maybe one of the breeders on here might have some suggestions for you, such as using a doggy 'Bitter Spray' on the other dogs bits, to make them unappealing??

Ouch! the thought makes my eyes water
liberty
Dogsey Senior

28-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Mmm, good point Crazycockers I was thinking of one a Gundog owner used, which he would put on open-wounds, scratches etc, to stop his dogs licking them.

My only other suggestion, which MIGHT be more sensible You say she craves your attention all the time, are you inadverdently rewarding her bad behaviour by showing her 'attention' when she does this?

liberty
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

28-05-2004, 02:34 PM
whats a "minnie" LOL

Sorry, ok, I have some suggestions:

1. Put mustard on the other girls bits (JOKE)
2. Put your pug on stilts so she is not at the right height (JOKE)

Seriously, I think it sounds like some compulsive disorder due to kenneling and boredom. What does she do if separated from the others?
Clue1e55
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2004, 08:28 PM
I dont think i could seperate her, she is soo happy to be here. in a nice clean safe enviourment, i wont begin to mention what it was like where she came from, she is almost house clean now id hate to undo all my hard work by upsetting her.
Thinking about the mothering. she did have a litter of pups. eight and they all died one by one, kennel cough and parvo. last year. she was with the breeder then. thats when i first met her. then i got the call to say she was being sold. well couldnt leave her there could I, so here she is,
it may well be to do with this, what do you think.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-05-2004, 08:36 PM
ok , i got it... I heard someone say once that i gyou put pineapple juic e in dogs food it will make the dogs poo VILE - they use this method to stop dogs from eating/licking thier own poo - perhaps you could try that? or is she licking the other bits?|!
liberty
Dogsey Senior

28-05-2004, 09:06 PM
[
[/quote]Thinking about the mothering. she did have a litter of pups. eight and they all died one by one, kennel cough and parvo. last year. she was with the breeder then. thats when i first met her. then i got the call to say she was being sold. well couldnt leave her there could I, so here she is,
it may well be to do with this, what do you think.[/quote]

It sounds plausible to me, but I'm not a breeder :smt017
I hope someone can come up with some suggestions for you...
Good luck

libs :smt023
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2004, 09:13 PM
(stop laughing everyone)
Sorry

Luca does this with Storm and Shaan. As soon as they've been to the loo Luca's nose is straight on their bit and bobs. Thenshe has to give them a wash. It's really embarassing, especially when we're out. Mind you, Luca's nose is usually attatched to someone's bits and bobs, two or four legged and she hasn't had any pups
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >