Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:29 AM

Policeman rescues scared SBT during Riots in London

A policeman was just finishing his shift early hours Tuesday morning in London, when he came across a young scared SBT. He was found in Hackney close to where trouble was taking place.

The dog nicknamed "Blaze" has been taken to the Blue Cross charity where staff are hoping the owner will come forward.

Blaze has no ID tags and is not microchipped.

I hope he's owner can be found.

Full story at the following link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14473257
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Aww poor boy Well done to the fella who found him & ensured he was safe though xx
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Glad some one picked him up, maybe it'd be best if he was re homed, its not something I'd do with Inka and Toro, take the dogs down to watch a riot !!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Well done to the guy that helped him. Poor little guy, how scared he must have been I am wondering how many animals have been caught up in all of this.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Well done to the guy that helped him. Poor little guy, how scared he must have been I am wondering how many animals have been caught up in all of this.

I've been thinking and worrying about animals being caught up in all of this too.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Apparently there have been a lot of animals caught up in this. Some got free because their homes were on fire or being smashed up and in the confusion got out or possibly let out to save them.

DDA watch have been doing a grand job coordinating foster homes for those in need. They had a little 5 week old EBT that got attacked by an other dog in the panic but he is safe in a foster home for now.
People with dogs on the exemtion list were worried because the dog has to be keep at their home address but advise has reasured them they can live some were else for a set period.

People homes not just business have been damaged also as a lot of people live in flats above.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh god, what a shame...just hope peace is restored and the good people who have been caught up in all of this will be able to live without fear, its so so sad...
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 03:09 PM
It's all so sad Well done to the policeman who rescued him!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 03:11 PM
awfull all this and especially with animals getting caught up in it, its not their fault. Glad somebody found him and hes now safe
NCA1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Glad some one picked him up, maybe it'd be best if he was re homed, its not something I'd do with Inka and Toro, take the dogs down to watch a riot !!
Where does it say the dog was taken to the riot? It may have run off scared/been from a house that was attacked or destroyed...

I hope he finds his owners or a great new home soon - so good of the policeman to pick him up