Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
How could they have done anything when they weren't allowed ? The police kept putting black outs on the press for all we know they may have tried to help..

It's also been suggested somewhere today that the gun he had in his possession was possibly obtained from two police officers, whom were both before they were spared jail firearms licencing officers
How could they? How about BEFORE he came out of prison and KNEW his intentions? What a vile family to even consider he was" innocent" in any way.

He was nothing more than an egotistical vicious monster who gained pleasure from harming others, Im pleased my tax isnt paying for him. he deserved everything he got.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
How could they? How about BEFORE he came out of prison and KNEW his intentions? What a vile family to even consider he was" innocent" in any way.

He was nothing more than an egotistical vicious monster who gained pleasure from harming others, Im pleased my tax isnt paying for him. he deserved everything he got.
What IF they didn't know, what IF they were not told, what IF he didn't tell any of them his intentions - you explain to me how they could have stopped him?

WHAT IF those two firearms officers WERE responsible for selling him that gun, shouldn't they now be re-arrested as if they were responsible, they may not have pulled the trigger on Chris Brown, Sam Stobbart, or PC Rathband, but they sure are as hell responsible.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 07:16 PM
What IF they didn't know, what IF they were not told, what IF he didn't tell any of them his intentions - you explain to me how they could have stopped him?

WHAT IF those two firearms officers WERE responsible for selling him that gun, shouldn't they now be re-arrested as if they were responsible, they may not have pulled the trigger on Chris Brown, Sam Stobbart, or PC Rathband, but they sure are as hell responsible.
There is little point in "what if" because they DID know. thats already been clearly stated by those that knew him.

Dont tell me that "others" are responsible Nicci, he was a monster, one that assulted a child, one that beat his girlfriend to a pulp, one that beat people up in the street for no other reason than he could, one that took the life of an innocent man and intended to do the same to others. HE said he wouldnt be taken alive, he was a coward, HE was responsible for his own actions, nobody else, he was an adult, he was a vile vicious beast.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 07:39 PM
There is little point in "what if" because they DID know. thats already been clearly stated by those that knew him.

Dont tell me that "others" are responsible Nicci, he was a monster, one that assulted a child, one that beat his girlfriend to a pulp, one that beat people up in the street for no other reason than he could, one that took the life of an innocent man and intended to do the same to others. HE said he wouldnt be taken alive, he was a coward, HE was responsible for his own actions, nobody else, he was an adult, he was a vile vicious beast.
Maybe they did, maybe they didn't - others are responsible Dawn, whether you or I like it or not as stated those threats were NOT taken seriously enough while that man was detained - he could have been detained futher because what he was threatening to do was an offence in itself. He could have been detained for up to 42 days longer for each offence, or tried again in court had an ''Adjudication Hearing'' not adequate enough punishment.
http://www.prisonersadvice.org.uk/in...djudicate.html

Please spare me by saying the system isn't it blame, they had the man already detained and he COULD HAVE been tried for all those threats he made whilst being detained there and could have possibly had much longer added to his sentence.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 09:28 PM
I've bolded ''hence the warning from prison staff'' just to highlight a few things, that warning may have been given but what was done about it ? Nothing, just simply left for someone else to pass the book, had something been done, Chris Brown could have quite possibly still been alive to tell the tale and Sam Stobbart may not have been injured along with PC Rathband - those threats, may have not been taken seriously enough, may have been like too much paperwork, or the warnings from other inmates to Prison Staff were not believed.

He could have been detained there further for ''Making threats to kill/Injure Harm someone''. http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content...&filesize=2228

That is a crime in itself, he because of that could of had extra days, weeks, months added to that sentence, they are called '''Adjudication Hearings''' he could have got a maximum of 42 days added to that sentence for each finding of guilt, anything over that it would have had to go to an outside court hearing - but still, the failings are there.

As to regards the public fan pages webpages, I cannot mourn for someone I did not know.
But, whether we like it or not Mr Moat had family and friends who did love him whom have a right to mourn his loss whether we view that sick or wrong is either here nor there, love cannot be turned off, love sees beyond flaws, mistakes, weaknesses and poor judgements, we all have faults, we aren't all perfect and whatever we do in life there are always going to be people left behind that miss us, despite what we do or may have done.
Thanks for the link, but the prison service would not have needed him to make "threats to kill" in order to have concerns that he intended to harm his ex. They may have based their concerns on the fact he was withdrawn and not talking about his feelings. They may have had concerns reported by another prisoner. Therefore unless he breaches the prison discipline code there will be no extra days added on.

If he had been accused of committing another offence he could have been charged, but there was no evidence to support a charge when he was released. The law states that every prisoner serving less than 12 months will be released at least at the half-way point. It is usually earlier once Home Detention Curfew and other early release schemes are factored in. The only way he would serve the extra 11 weeks was if convicted of committing a further offence during the 11 weeks after release.

Whatever the truth about the basis of prison concerns, the only person responsible for those killings is Moat. Blaming the victims, the Police, the Probation Service, the Prison Service is just a distraction. He was an evil bully and as time has shown over and over, if someone is determined to kill, they will. Unless they posted armed police outside his ex's house, around the clock he was going to succeed. And why should she go into hiding if she didn't want to? Two women die at the hands of their partners/ex-partners every week. It is one of the most difficult crimes to predict because a lot of perpetrators were not known to police for committing serious violence against their partners or even anybody else, until they killed them.

The police target a lot of their resources into trying to predict their next domestic murder victim. It's not an exact science and it is very easy to criticise.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Maybe they did, maybe they didn't - others are responsible Dawn, whether you or I like it or not as stated those threats were NOT taken seriously enough while that man was detained - he could have been detained futher because what he was threatening to do was an offence in itself. He could have been detained for up to 42 days longer for each offence, or tried again in court had an ''Adjudication Hearing'' not adequate enough punishment.
http://www.prisonersadvice.org.uk/in...djudicate.html

Please spare me by saying the system isn't it blame, they had the man already detained and he COULD HAVE been tried for all those threats he made whilst being detained there and could have possibly had much longer added to his sentence.
No Nicci, HE was responsible for his own actions, nobody else, he was a clear thinking person who carried out pre-meditated murder, nothing more. Why didnt you defend the bloke in the Lakes who killed those people, he never did a days wrong in his life before then, yet this animal maimed, abused and attacked many before. I fail to see how you can possibly defend this, Im shocked.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 12:17 AM
No Nicci, HE was responsible for his own actions, nobody else, he was a clear thinking person who carried out pre-meditated murder, nothing more. Why didnt you defend the bloke in the Lakes who killed those people, he never did a days wrong in his life before then, yet this animal maimed, abused and attacked many before. I fail to see how you can possibly defend this, Im shocked.
Where have I defended what he did? I never have and never said I did.

I'm more sickened by the fact this man was allowed back into society to hurt and maim people when it was damn well known to folk responsible for keeping him locked away that he was a danger to certain people ( even going as far as threatening people on FB before his release from prison along with putting letters on there threatening certain people ) but of course all this gets completely overlooked even after his threats, he's allowed to walk free and start shooting at people, I can't believe you think that is okay as only he was to blame if all this had been investigated through the proper channels, he'd still be in slammer and those people wouldn't be hurt..Where I feel completely let down is the fact he wasn't apprehended alive so he could be thrown in prison for the rest of his life which he admitted while alive he hated - let me assure you those families will also be feeling EXTREMELY cheated that he wasn't regardless of what it would have cost you or I to keep him there.

Anyway, that really is my last post here, I'm getting bored now with the whole thing, it's dominated the news for long enough and folks need to let all this die completely down so those really effected can be allowed to grieve and come to terms with their losses.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 07:30 AM

I'm more sickened by the fact this man was allowed back into society to hurt and maim people when it was damn well known to folk responsible for keeping him locked away that he was a danger to certain people ( even going as far as threatening people on FB before his release from prison along with putting letters on there threatening certain people ) but of course all this gets completely overlooked even after his threats, he's allowed to walk free and start shooting at people, I can't believe you think that is okay as only he was to blame if all this had been investigated through the proper channels, he'd still be in slammer and those people wouldn't be hurt..Where I feel completely let down is the fact he wasn't apprehended alive so he could be thrown in prison for the rest of his life which he admitted while alive he hated - let me assure you those families will also be feeling EXTREMELY cheated that he wasn't regardless of what it would have cost you or I to keep him there.

Anyway, that really is my last post here, I'm getting bored now with the whole thing, it's dominated the news for long enough and folks need to let all this die completely down so those really effected can be allowed to grieve and come to terms with their losses.
There of plenty of people that I would like to see locked up because I know they are going to hurt someone. Unfortunately unless they are sectionable due to their poor mental health or have committed an offence they can be charged with I have to wait until they do actually hurt someone. With longer prison sentences where people are released on licence and are then supervised by Probation, they can be recalled if it is deemed that their risk has gone up. But even that is a frustrating process and the Parole Board may end up releasing them again very quickly if the evidence to recall them was too flimsy. The criminal justice system we have tries to balance the need to protect the public and the human rights of the alleged offender. It's not a perfect system, far from it, but it is better than some.

As for Moat not being kept alive to face up to what he had done...I don't believe he ever intended to be taken alive. This whole episode was stage managed by him to provide a high profile stage on which to commit suicide.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 08:07 AM

Yes I do think he was to blame, he did it. What amazes me is that you think it might be somebody else! Is that the case for all murderers? Is it? Blame somebody else? Do me a favour, the only thing that went wrong with the Police in this case, is they didnt end it sooner, Moat knew EXACTLY what he was doing, he was 100% clear thinking, he knew the moment he pointed his gun at anyone other than himself, he would be shot, takes somebody of very clear thought to keep that up all that time you know.

I agree he has dominated the news too long, he is waste of human thought.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2010, 08:26 AM
I feel very sorry for all involved Moats parents and family and especially the victims. I would of preferred for him to be caught alive and face a long and harsh prison sentence but it wasn't to be.

I personally don't feel the police should be blamed for the way it ended as someone else said he didn't want to go back to prison and didn't intend too and was going to make sure whether it was him that took his own life or the police that took his life that would be the outcome.

As for him being mentally ill I do feel very strongly that was the case. I suffer from depression as does my younger son we survive without too much incident because we have a lot of support from friends and family.

When I am at my lowest no one can get through to me but they know to be there and I know they are there same for Michael. Believe me if I didn't have that support I really am not sure what I would be capable of and as Michael once to said to one of his ex girlfriends when she said she would love to know what went on his head when he was that low and his reply was you really do not want to know what goes on in my head when I am like that.

I really cannot bring myself to say anyone who takes their life is a coward for me I feel it is a brave thing to do all be it a stupid thing to do as there is always someone to help if you know where to look. I feel strongly that people who do take their own lives do so because for the majority of the time they feel so bad about the pain and suffering they put their families through and feel it is as much a get out for the families as for themselves.

Mental illness is a funny old thing believe you me you can hide it so well till one day the smallest thing makes you snap or break down and then it comes tumbling out.

May they all rest in peace Mr Moat too he had no peace in life by the sounds of things so surely people cannot deny he deserves some in death.

Despair is a terrible thing, and you have to feel that utter total despair to even begin to think you can know how someone else can feel when there.
Page 21 of 23 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 >