Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2011, 05:22 PM

How can you ?

Lose a slab of cheese.

Thursday evening last week I took myself off to Tesco and saw an offer on Cathedral City lighter mature cheddar cheese ooh thought I a bogof.

Got to the checkout and was informed it was even better it was buy one get 2 free even better I thought.

The security guard had to go get me another one he couldn't find it so I replied and told him where it was he came back in vey huffy tone I know where it is. Well clearly he didn't otherwise he would of found it. Off he trots again. I mentioned to the cashier I know its a good deal but it can't all of gone yet.

Back he comes and with my cheese.

Anyway today I was getting the milk from the fridge and thought thats funny why haven't I three slabs of cheese in here ? I have ony gone and dropped it somewhere while loadng the car with the shopping bags I think. It is nowhere in the house not in the freeezers not in the shopping bags I use and not in the car.

Gorden finds it very amusing it has taken me till today to realise I am a slab of cheese missing.

Any ideas ?

Hope this gives you a giggle don't know about you but I need a laugh.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Not such a good offer then eh? It's not on the top of your car or anything is it?

I've left a few things on the roof before now and driven off
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh the times I've done this and by the time I've found whatever, it's gone oout of date!!! Look in all the dwells of the car, under the seats, that darn cheese gets everywhere ya know Lynn!!!! Same as my jar of curry sauce, it had worked it's way into the back of the car under the seats with some of Zena's balls, and I just knew I'd bought it!!!

If you still can't find it, then I'm sure you'll smell it in weeks to come!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Not such a good offer then eh? It's not on the top of your car or anything is it?

Maybe it was on the roof and fell off on the way home.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh the times I've done this and by the time I've found whatever, it's gone oout of date!!! Look in all the dwells of the car, under the seats, that darn cheese gets everywhere ya know Lynn!!!! Same as my jar of curry sauce, it had worked it's way into the back of the car under the seats with some of Zena's balls, and I just knew I'd bought it!!!

If you still can't find it, then I'm sure you'll smell it in weeks to come!!!
Nothing can roll under my back seats and we did check under the front ones thoroughly. I bet it is lurking somewhere not far away laughing at me and waiting to stink me out.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 07:06 PM
I once lost two very nice slabs of cheese............inside Monty!

I left them on the work surface and forgot to put them away before i went out and when I came back they were gone. Unfortunately they made a re-appearance not long afterwards and I can't say I was pleased to see them again!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Think it's an age thing, I found a tin of soup in the freezer and what was ice cream in the tin cupboard !!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I once lost two very nice slabs of cheese............inside Monty!

I left them on the work surface and forgot to put them away before i went out and when I came back they were gone. Unfortunately they made a re-appearance not long afterwards and I can't say I was pleased to see them again!!
I bet you wern't.

Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Think it's an age thing, I found a tin of soup in the freezer and what was ice cream in the tin cupboard !!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Oh Lynn that took me back to a time when I bought Kiwi fruits, I just knew I had put them in the fridge (wrong) so when I came to use them on a trifle later that day...horror they were gone
This was in the days when the boys were kids....so Im there now telling them off for '''''eating the kiwi's'''''''' refusing to let them ''have a say'' I was so embarrassed when my hubby (now my ex) walked in with 3 crushed kiwi's in a bag....I dropped them when unloading the car and someone had ran them over

I can only laugh over the cheese....sorry
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post

Oh I'm not the only one then? I left Cherry's very important eye drops on top of our car and Jamie drove off. Fortunately he heard them drop so he stopped and we had to search the area. Some nugget came out and gave us a mouthful of abuse as we were looking under people's cars even though I explained what had happened and how important the drops were That's the trouble with living near these council flats in our area-there are some right nuggety people living there. Jamie says it's the effects of cannabis as he deals with a lot of these people when they're in his hostel.