Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-08-2007, 05:51 PM

cats and dogs

I have a question we all know cats and dogs can live together.
But does any of your dogs play fight with your cats?
Joe the cat quite often has a rough and tumble session with buds.
I keep trying to catch it but up to now they stopped before i get the camera ready.
They use mouths, feet and both enjoy it, they don't hurt each other.
Joe is double buds weight but because the others are so big i think he see's buds as the playmate due to size.
He used to play with tash our other cat, she is no longer here so buds has become the subistute.
Or i have a cat who thinks he is a dog.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 05:59 PM
My two dogs and two cats don't mix. One cat peeps from the landing (he never goes out) and the other does the V's through the baby gate. When Tonto has squeezed upstairs Olly has ridden him like a rodeo rider, mainly because he jumped on him and panicked so clung on tighter! lmao

So no, they don't play fight, but it is funny!

When I had two JRT's before, the cat I had then did get on with them and played. But the biggest thing they loved doing was geting in the bed with the cat and getting a wash. When the cat stopped cleaning them, they'd paw him to keep going, now that was very cute.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:01 PM
one of my cats playfights with one of my dogs the other cat will swipe any dog that gets near her!!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Mine don`t play fight with each other but there is often mutual grooming between a couple of my mogs and Fluke, Silk and T`Akaya.
T`Akaya has particularly got very close to one of my girly mogs, [ called Sheba ], which is quite interesting because Sheba has never been one to mix with the dogs before but she now actively seeks T`Akaya out for company which is lovely to see and quite suprising for a usually quite timid cat to be pals with a bouncy and sometimes clumsy pup

Sadly my little Baby-Ashleigh moglet passed away recently she was Fluke and Willows firm favourite for cuddling up to and being groomed by. She was blind and all the dogs were especially careful not to tread on her or bump into her, and were always wonderfully patient if she played with their tails or jumped on them. Willow especially was brilliant for not being put out when she stood on his head to groom him, he would just patiently lay still and never moved until she was done, he absolutely adored her :smt049
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Yes mine are at it all the time! Moose jumps on the pup, pup runs round in circles, Wiggy hides behind chair, jumps on Moose who is now chasing pup, Breeze and Tarn chase pup too, Mosse gets flattened by Wiggy, Wiggy runs off, pup chases Wiggy, you get the picture.................!!
Dawn.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-08-2007, 08:55 PM
with 3 dogs and 4 cats there's always abit of it going on in our house. Chippy gets chased, Bramble keepsaway from the dogs, Murphy will play with the dogs but Paddy (as Fudge will testify) will swipe.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 10:35 PM
ah bless, cats and dogs, You can often find vinnie walking round with the cat stuck to him, Kobie will play with some but not all, he mostly likes a good spat with vinnie cos vinnie just takes it, its a fair bit of face slapping from kobie, then lip biteing, whilst vinnie just stands there waggin his stumpy,,,god knows what he gets out of it,

I have more problems with Kobie winding the dogs up when out walking, If im up the back field, he will come up,,,then lay in wait for the dogs coming back, as the grass is really long he just waits by the path and when they are at face level he shoots out smacks vinnie in the gob then turns and shoots through the fence, vinnie normaly runs into the fence head first, the grass is at waist level, then the cat runs along the other side of the fence to the steps dashes out and eggs the dogs to chase him he then runs up the tree,,,so predictable but vinnie falls for it every time,,, hes so fik,

as for grooming yuk no way would any of my lot put there tounge on Kobie,,,he is a long coat and often lays under the bushes at the back of the garden so more often than not he has a slug or two stuck in his coat, yuk
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2007, 10:40 PM
good question!
sometimes mi mi jumps on my huge cats back and rides her, lmbo! and then sometimes she bites her fur, and the weird part- my cat bubba don't care one bit! he just lays there like a big cow, and sometimes he'll get up and chase her and mi mi freaks out and cries!
So who knows! I think it makes a big difference if the dog is raised around cats, but then again, im no professional!
I had a friend who had a ferret and my cat and his ferret became best friends! more weird huh!
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 11:41 PM
i hope my cat & pup get on when they meet eachother!
my cat seems ok when were at the vet & he sees a dog, but then he is in a carry case!

i think if there brought up together, or even not, do they really know that there different animals?!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
i hope my cat & pup get on when they meet eachother!
my cat seems ok when were at the vet & he sees a dog, but then he is in a carry case!

i think if there brought up together, or even not, do they really know that there different animals?!
Definitely they know - and cats also know they are superior to dogs in every way :smt005 They would not want to think anyone could believe they don`t know they are not d*gs
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >