Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 04:05 PM

Teething puppy

Tonks is teething at the moment and although she is ok most of the time she has the odd time (like last night) when she seems really bothered by them.

She usually sleeps from 9pm onwards but last night she just could not settle. Dropping off to sleep for really short spells but sighing and whining and waking up, moving around, mouthing, trying to get on the sofas etc etc just not settling at all.

I've tried frozen carrots, chews and last night i gave her big pieces of ice which she just sat holding in her mouth for ages, and this seemed to work.

I was wondering if you can buy teething granules or gel for puppies and if anyone has every used it or can suggest any other ways of soothing sore gums.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 06:30 PM
You can use sugar free baby bonjela , I use it on my own dogs and puppies , I just pop it in the fridgefreezer for a few minutes to chill it ,And rub it long the gums its works a treat for mine xxdk
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I found putting carrots in the freezer then giving them to pups helped, healthy snack while nice and cooling on the gums, x
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Thank you for your feedback - will try the bonjela, she already enjoys the carrots!
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi,

We used a bit of baby bonjela with Hamish too. There is also this toy you can get in quite a few pet shops (photo here http://www.spaceangelspet.co.uk/cool...tages-20-p.asp)

You can freeze it so it's soothing, we also got Hamish a teething blanket from pets at home, if you wet it and put it in the fridge for a while it might help the gums.

Hope Tonks is finished teething soon!

Deedee
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Will try the bonjela - we have that teething toy, if only i could remember to put it in the freezer!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi Catrin my puppy has just about finished teething,they all seem to have come out at once .

I have been freezing an old tea towel which I moistened and knotted first, she loved this I think it was soothing for her gums.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Ooo thats sounds like a good idea mini - she would probably love it especially as she would probably think it was something she shouldn't have! hehe!