Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-03-2006, 10:21 PM

seizure help ?

hi,

right before anyone says it i have rang the emergency vet and they cant do nothing unless he fots again or deteriates.

anyway, about an hour ago now prolly, sorry timing aint great now as you would expect, oscar just launched off the bed having a seizure, lasted 30s - 1 minute.

he then took at least 10 - 20 minutes to recover and is now tired and a exhasuted, seems to be salivating a lot too.

to say i aint scared would be a lie, i am bricking it at the minute.

signs arent great - hes 10, hes underwieght with no appernet cause, his vaccinaions arent up t o date and hes had diarahoea all day.

i know a fair bit as i do an animal car ecouse at uni and stuff so am thinking he worse.lol

could just be a one off or dehydration maybe although he has drank loads and been feeding ok.

am just really worried right now and could sodo witha friend round here, dont have any though :S

just wanted to know id nayone ahs experience here ?

also what the best post seizure care ?

hes off to the vets as soon as they open in the morning so will see what they say again but dunno what to do now.

good job i dont go out really :S

still shaking :S
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Bless you, PM Minihaha or one of the other Mods for some comfort, and I hope he is ok x
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2006, 10:33 PM
So sorry to hear this,i can't really offer any advice but hoping and praying that everything will work out for you.
Sending hugs
Sal
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi ceiron first keep calm or you will panic your dog..
..keep it warm and quiet , do not allow it to drink large amounts of water in one go, small amounts often is best and with a tiny bit of honey in if you have any .

The seizure may happen again tonight or may never happen again, the causes are many so I won't speculate..anything from a virus causing a high temperature to poision or epilepsy...you need to wait to see what the vet says.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2006, 10:49 PM
not sure what to suggest as never experienced it - but (((BIGHUGS)))) to you and doggy. see if Lucky star is around as her dog Loki recently had a seizure and posted in health - so maybe do a search and see what the suggestions were

let us know how he gets on at vets
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hi ceiron first keep calm or you will panic your dog..
..keep it warm and quiet , do not allow it to drink large amounts of water in one go, small amounts often is best and with a tiny bit of honey in if you have any .

The seizure may happen again tonight or may never happen again, the causes are many so I won't speculate..anything from a virus causing a high temperature to poision or epilepsy...you need to wait to see what the vet says.

i am calm ish.lol

calm enough.lol

give me a dying person anyday, can deal with that so much easier.lol

its jsut coz i iant had him long, like a week and so if i lose him then i dunno how i will cope.

stil lstruggling with loss of my old dog :S

hes resting now but just looks so old and exhausted
Meg
Supervisor

17-03-2006, 11:02 PM
ceiron you must have been very scared..
Do you have any history?
Perhaps he has had seizure before?
Can you ask the rescue..?
Sorry so many questions..
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-03-2006, 11:09 PM
haha, stil lam scared.

jsut making jokes though to try and distract me, having a weird convo too.lol

no history i know of, last vets he was at only has limited records of less then a year and no history there.

old owners dont now much tbh, they dont even know date fo birth so i dunno when his birthday is
Meg
Supervisor

17-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Not a lot of info than and not much you can do until morning/vets only as advised above and talk quietly/reassuringly to him ..poor old think he must be scared. My old girl started to have sezures (heart in her case) last spring and was so scared afterwards.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-03-2006, 11:24 PM
yeah i thankfully have a friend whos dad is a vet too, so annoyed him for like half an hour.lol

its like i know a fair bit but when it happens to you u forget everythign and want a seocnd opinion and stuff.

and i aint had a seizure in an animal in ages, never a dog, tis so scary

stil lshaking :S

just wanna a friedn and a hug and stuff

tis crap being in middle of nowhere i know
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »