Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2017, 08:00 AM

Daily Thread Tuesday 19th September

Good morning everyone

Hope you are ok Moyra and just having a lie in.

Lynn I really hope Beth has taken on board the concerns you have about right of access. If it is in your deeds and hers then she cannot block you. Anyone else would have taken action long ago but I understand with a move imminent you didn't want a neighbour dispute on record. If they don't buy yours I hope you sell it to someone who will cause action to be taken then they will realise what a quiet life they had with you as neighbours.

Naughty Zen rolling in eau de fox poo.

Hopeall two and four legged are well

Nice and sunny here. Dentist for check up this afternoon for both of us but I expect Barry will have to have an appointment for a tooth out as a filling has fallen out and he thinks the tooth is cracked back and front. Planning on taking out the runner bean plants this morning and then I can dig in some manure.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Misty Autumnal morning here, definite njp in the air now. Zen is in season as I found blood on the utility floor again where she has her breakfast. I said to Lona this morning, she's well out of it, and she gave me a knowing look.
Bone run this morning, not rung them as yet but have myself organised to go. If not then walks.
Hope all goes as well as it can for you both today, Sue and Barry. Very brave people, the pair of you.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Morning each and all to follow. Have you ever thought I know I had that somewhere only to find nope you haven't? I was sure I had some black sewing thread but all other colours but not black. So have ordered some from ebay and got two spools for 99p. I know how to spend. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Morning all
Gpod luck at the dentist Sue and Barry
TW, hope you get some bones
Brenda...cor, you know how to spend Lol
got to go fetch my dads trousers, the ring my mum has had made for him for his anniversary and her lunch. Ryan air have cancelled her flight, costing her £200 more to get to the wedding but at least they let her know, she was up until 2.15am sorting alternative flights
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Morning Sue, June and Brian.
Funny weather here sunny one minute looks like rain the next.

Good luck with the hormones June.
Hope the dentist goes well Sue and Barry enjoy the pulling out of runner bean plants.
brenda what a bargain.

Dillon got me up 3 this morning needed to go out. So I did my usual peek out of the curtain. The van had been left on the road.
That wasn't my intention at all so I keep toying with mentioning to them to put it on the drive overnight till they sort the problem or not say anything and hope it spurs them to make sure it is their no.1 job like Beth said.
I feel bad as our cars are off the road and they do own the drive and it must be frustrating for them.
I know how reluctant we are to leave our cars on the road at all after Gordens was written off last year. They have no problem leaving it out on the road all day though.
Beth said about how big the van is and our drive isn't that wide so I said in half jest you should have measured it which is what we have said all along they bought it with no thought process about where it was going or if it would fit.
I have done more research into access rights and it comes up easement. Clearly states the dominant house which owns the drive cannot block us in or out. We have it on the deeds as right of access so we are not entirely in the wrong sticking to our guns this time.
Also it is reasonable for any family or visitors to use it to. They had issues with this from the people we bought off Paul mentioned how it annoyed him that family would wander up and down the drive. So he confronted them and told them it wasn't for their use.
It seems if they were going to and from Matt and Lizzie's house they were actually in their rights but not to loiter on the drive.
We are very respectful and only ever drive on and off occasionally we walk up or down and we only allow the grandchildren to use it when taking fishing gear in or out.
I don't know got to ring Gill today she phoned yesterday when I was out. Michael rang later he had spoken to her and she isn't good again so more pressing matters there really.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Lynn, leave them to it! if their van gets written off it is their fault for not making sure everything was in place before buying it...i am actually quite surprised how many solicitors gloss over stuff...we had that with those next door, they obviously bought the house expecting to be able to use the drive and of course we only need to allow them access
Hope you get hold of Gill
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Hello everyone, sorry I am late this morning having problems with my pc in particular my e-mail system yet again!

I hope everyone is ok both two and four legged friends.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless............

Now back to trying to sort out this problem.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Moyra, hope you get the emails sorted out...nuisance aren't they?
got mum her lunch and dropped it off, got the ring she had made for my dad...she thinks it's o.k, got dads trousers, put them in my bag...took them out and they are covered in fluff, forgot i had bought the cat a cushion and all the fluff is obviously in the bag...whoops
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Fluffy trousers griff maybe your dad could set a new trend. Hope he likes the ring.
Moyra hope the emails are sorted now.

Decided to keep quiet for now griff we do not abuse the drive we respect it is theirs and we only have access rights. I also thought it seems if I think about it my feelings are never considered and I always accommodate them.
I can here things going on next door so maybe they are starting to do the tidying so they can get the man with a van to take the rubbish away. He is going to need to make quite a few trips.
Gill was out with her friend for breakfast.
Had a long chat with Peter. She is very wobbly not eating much again he thinks the tamoxifen is doing what the chemo did recognising the cancer so having no effect.
She also has a nasty water infection they are usually a sign for her things are going downhill. Ab's helping but not cleared it he thinks so sample going off for analysis.
She is her mothers daughter though so could surprise everyone like mum use to and bounce back to fight another round.
I am making a detour after seeing my friend Friday and popping in there later for a cuppa and a catch up.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Hello all
Been to Physio today, got to have a stick for a while to walk with, hydro therapy & then physio after that. The Physio's name is Rebecca & she's lovely, but she did say I'll be with them quite a while she said I'm to use the walking stick because I'm going to do more damage to my joints because of how I walk, she also said that before I had my hip done, my hip was a mess trust me eh

Sounds like you've had a busy morning Griff, oops about your dads trousers.
Moyra my friends have had problems with hotmail yesterday apparently their system was down? I know one of my friends needed to send an email & couldn't.
Lynn I'd leave them to it! Hope you get to speak to Gill, I think you have more important issues than your neighbours van hugs to you
Brenda I've done that a few times, least you got a bargain
TW ooh a hormonal Zen think you'll have fun there
Right need a coffee
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >