Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LovesLC
New Member!
Female 

31-07-2017, 08:49 PM

Boy dogs marking

Hi. I am new to the forum. I have had various breeds and mix breed dogs for about 30 years now
My most recent little guys are 2 mixes (maybe Dachshund/ Chi/ Beagle/ Patterdale? And Italian Greyhound/Chi?)
My little girl Chihuahua angel recently passed away at the age of 16. Which leaves me with the boys.
Both are neutered and both approx 8-9 years old. Both from different animal shelters.
Ruben was first in 2010. Charlie was later in 2012.
Ever since we got Charlie both boys started marking in the house. We have scrubbed it top to bottom, tried aromatherapy and the vet recommended prescriptions for Charlie, which we tried but nothing changed.
I hired a dog trainer that I liked very much but the marking continued.
Several things in the house are ruined, like baseboards and furniture.
They do go outside to go potty (they have a dog door) but always mark indoors.
I am concerned because I will be bringing home another foster boy in a week. He is one of my favorites at the animal shelter where I volunteer and they were going to euthanize him. So they let me take him to try to find him a home. I'm afraid with another boy the marking will be out of control. Is there anything I can do?
Thank you!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2017, 06:56 AM
They mark to leave their scent, so get rid of or clean up everything where they've been marking and then put belly bands with an incontinence pad on them and all their attempts to mark will be in vain as the pee gets no further than the pad. It takes time and persistence from you but eventually works. I honestly don't know how you've lived with it for so long.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male