Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2016, 06:29 AM

Daily Thread. Monday. 5th September

Good morning all. lot colder this morning. I'm afraid we may be in for an early winter. Had rain overnight, I think it has stopped now.

Lynn, do feel sorry for you with your car, it's a nuisance. Hope the garage can get it right.

Barry, I hate flies too, filthy critters.

Mandy, hope your hip is feeling much better.

Griff that is shame about Molly being so sad. Maybe an older rescue dog with no attitude might be an idea.

Norma, I hope you have finished all your redecs now and having a rest.

Have a good day all, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2016, 07:40 AM
morning all,
Steve can't have another dog...... he couldn't afford vet care for Max and Molly so there is no way i would want him to take on another dog, i think he would only want to take on a young GSD anyway which is a terribly bad idea with the shifts he works and it isn't as if he is just round the corner from me...i have to get 2 buses to his place and it takes an hour on a good day, so it isn't as if i could go and let the dogs out a few times a day...i have offered to go and see molly everyday and if he is working bonfire night i have said i will go and stay with her as she is terrified of fireworks
Rung for the vet for Dex...he is going in tomorrow, his skin has flared up...hoping it isn't his thyroid
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all to follow.

Such a shame griff Molly is grieving badly. I agree though does not sound like the circumstances are right for a second dog.
Do hope Dex is alright griff.

Hectic morning here deciding what to do about the car. I was ready to ring the peugeot dealer Gorden still thinks we should talk to the guy we bought it from first. Explain to him it needs the peugeot planet software to sort out the exact problem. We have found a place in kings Lynn but Gorden is going to ask him if he knows of anyone nearer with the software who he would recommend. If that annoying problem can be sorted or I am told by a peugeot expert that the diagnostic test has revealed it is just over sensitive then I would prefer to keep it.
Had a belly full of trawling round looking for cars and to be honest when the advisories are sorted and this niggle it is a lovely car.
So what with that Gorden leaving for work and Mark starting his first driving lesson today 21/2 hours then it will be 41/2 hours daily it has been a bit manic.
Just got back in from a short stroll with Dillon having a catch up on here and in general then wash up feed Dillon and then a cuppa and some toast.

Had instructions from Mark when he left to de-stress.

Do hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2016, 08:00 AM
good luck with the garage Lynn, hopefully he will agree to get someone with the proper software to look at it....in all honesty it sounds like he is a decent garage who values his reputation as he has tried to resolve the issue. Good luck to Mark too with his driving lessons, how many hours does he have to do in total?
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2016, 08:14 AM
Morning everyone,
My hip is ok, I can feel it clicking more but pain wise so far it's ok.
I'm back at work tonight so will see how it goes
Sounds as if it's the right decision for Steve not have another dog, hope Dex is ok Griff
Good luck to Mark with his driving and for you at the Garage Lynn
Moyra hope you have a good day too, it's meant to warm up again Tuesday onwards
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Rain here overnight and not nice this morning. No demolition today
Got the coal delivery at some point, it is usually mid afternoon, have put a note on my order to phone half an hour prior to arriving so if it is earlier and I'm out with the girls I can get back for them. Everythings ready, girls can be divided between the house and their big house. Coalmen so far have loved them anyway, but there could be a new one, they'll be best out from under
Lona booked in for Thursday to have her bits done and she's got a dodgy tooth, hoping that's what it is and not something nasty, she won't let me that near. It's going to be a nightmare as Lona won't be shut in a crate, everyone apprised of this and taking her in for 11am and they're shipping her back home as soon as is practicable
Sorry Steve can't get a companion for Molly, poor Taran is still waking everyone in the night howling for Choco, they are getting him company,but they are very busy at present and they'll have the time once it goes quiet in the winter
Lynn I'm sure this guy will get something sorted for you,just couldn't be more inconvenient if it had been planned really. Everything crossed for Mark. Have they heard how the interviews went as yet
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Glad no demolition today June. Good luck for Lona thursday June.
Hope the hip holds up Mandy.

Mark will be doing a total of 40 hours driving and test on the 21st of this month.
Fingers crossed for the car.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Mandy, so very pleased the pain has eased off for you....long may it last!!!
I don't think it is right for Steve to have another dog....i don't think he sees it that way and i am hoping he doesn't decide to get another....he will end up in the same position again in the future, if his job had more sensible hours i would see if my friend who runs the rescue had a dog who needed a long term foster, that way all he needs to do is pay for the food but his hours a ridiculous, if he is on earlies he will get up at 3.30 to walk the dogs for an hour or more...then start work at around 5 or 5.30, some days he is on a split so could start at 10 am , finish at 2pm and go back at 6pm until midnight or after and lates....well he might start at 2pm and then work until gone midnight, Max was used to it...he had lived like it for 2 years but to bring a new dog into it...i don't really think it is fair but obviously it is his choice
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2016, 09:03 AM
I hope Lona will be o.k TW, the vets always ring me to fetch Kota home asap as she does the wall of death in their cage....thing is she is perfectly happy with her crates at home, she will take herself off for a snooze in them no bother and at bed time, goes straight in...no fuss and settles down to sleep immediately
chucking down with rain here, i am dying my hair blue at the front today...it had been purple and it had faded out to a real pale pink which was o.k but it was annoying me, not doing the rest as i am booked for a cut on friday...apparently my hair is too short according to Steve and he said i should grow it....not happening Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Mark back my mistake only 2 hours today.
He has come in a bit smug apparently he did very well has driven to Wisbech done some roundabouts and lights and the guy reckons he will do very well. Fingers crossed.

Gorden rung he has spoken to the guy about the car again..... He is as disappointed as we are he said when it got to 10 he thought oh good all done then Gorden rung.
He agrees about the peugeot planet diagnostic but said take it to him Thursday Gorden is taking Thursday and Friday off he has two more things to try. One is the map sensor I think Gorden said. He will fit it we will then take it out and run it for an hour and a half that's roughly the time it takes for the light to come on.
If it comes on after that he has a cousin who has a garage and the bosch equipment just as sensitive as the peugeot equipment and get him to run it through. He will take it over etc., He says the other thing it could be is some throttle problem. The bosch or peugeot won't diagnose that so it will be process of elimination and see what the bosh equipment shows up if nothing he knows it's likely to be the throttle and if it is he will sort it.
Gorden said we are prepared to pay for the diagnostic test if needed or any bits he said no it's all part of it.
We have decided when it is sorted and been running for a couple of weeks we will give some money more than the £50 for the last couple of times because he has been so good and so helpful you don't find many people like him anymore.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >