View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Yes MOYRA,she'll get the bus both ways.I will pick her up off the bus tonight though Know I know how my mum felt when we were heading out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Afternoon everyone busy morning here getting as much as I can so the Christmas shopping is out of the way.
Hope the rain has stopped for those that have it and that finger sounds painful June take care and hope all other poorlies are feeling better. That parcels have been delivered that need delivering.

No payment from the other boiler engineer doubt we will see any money from him think he was just stalling us by asking for details to make a direct payment into the bank. The cheque has been paid out of our account yesterday so is hopefully showing up on Matts accounts even if he can't draw it for a day or two. I tell you I thought I was having a break down this morning over it all. I was contemplating going into the bank to see if it had cleared to ease my mind I am becoming so paranoid its frightening.
Gorden called me before I left to go out and I thought I am at the stage I am even doubting him and that's wrong. So I got into Wisbech did a few bits and sat and had a coffee and a cake to try to feel a little more positive. I feel we need to ask for a lot more this whole fiasco has made me feel ill then the news about Gill then the cheque business and now worrying Matt might not do any more work for us. Roll on 2015 think I've been saying roll on for the next year for the last 3 years.
I will get Gorden to give Matt a ring again in the next day or two to make sure everything is ok. Maybe then I can relax and enjoy Christmas and having Michael home.

Got my glycerine for the icing what a palaver either sold out or thay can't buy it in in case they sell it for bomb making. Managed to get a little pot blooming expensive though. I laughed with the woman and said I hoped I wasn't stopped on the way back to the car. That would be just my luck wouldn't it ending up in jail over the festive period.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Good afternoon

June my birthday is the 26th not a good time to haver a birthday, hardly any nbirthday cards to choose from unless you buy early so I always buy my sister's (we are twins) in about September!)

Had a good meal, two for the price of one as I had a voucher from the local that we use, so even better! Not that I am a skinflint, but like Gordon I like to keep my purse closed for a long a possible

Please strap your fingers together incase it is broken and then hopefully you will not get any further problems.

Pleased your boots arrived and you really like them Griff. Also that Deagan is ok.

Eileen you never give up worrying about them even when married and living a long way from home. I always get my eldest to message me when he gets home when travelling back from a visit.

Just had a message from eldest, new boiler installed and he didn't have to have a new gas pipe so his savings have had an early Christmas present He was off to wallow in a hot shower, the first hot one for a while, bless him.

Have a god afternoon all
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Back from the shavings run, they were doing a special offer, so got 3, one will stay in the car, 2 go in the loft in the big kennel, there is one unopened one up there already, 4 bales in total, have dropped 2 off at the back gate, together with a net of carrots. Will go and give them their lunch because they will think I've forgotten all about them, then have a butty myself and go out and take out more wet and put more dry in. Bought some logs and kindling, did some shopping, so I don't have to do much next week, because they are all out already, I have been cut up so many times today its unreal, seen examples of real stupidity, so next week I am going out in the car as little as possible. Petrol was £1.10 at Asda, maybe it will go below £1? I can live in hope.Now have a full tank of petrol, switched the lpg over to petrol so the car can have a treat for a few days. Checked oil and it hasn't moved, neither is there any on the road, no idea what thats all about then. Straightened finger and it is a bit swollen and bruised but not too bad. Eileen, you obviously never had horses, I have had a broken wrist and stopped on the way home to collect 5 bags of firewood from under the machines, THEN gone to hospital (driving myself)!!!! You get used to all the knocks, have been falling off, being kicked, squashed, reared on, knocked over since I was 7 Back later when girls sorted, heavy monsoon type rain most of the day, some of it almost sleet so suspect Gordon may have had snow or sleet.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Lynn, is there any way you could take dodgy boiler geezer to small claims court? If he gets found guilty as it were and has to repay you then if he doesn't cough up for 60 quid you can send the bailiffs.....now that would make him take notice.
Sue, hope you have a good birthday, my aunty was born Xmas day and the only people to get her a Xmas present and separate birthday present were my mum and nan
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2014, 02:58 PM
What a good idea Griff, might be worth considering Lynn if nothing happens in the next week or so. Like you say you have been left considerably out of pocket to the tune of well over the £100 he's offered. I had a toyboy once who's birthday was on Christmas Eve, and he always said people got him one present rather than 2, so he always got separate pressies from me, plus my mum was born New Years Eve, and she said that as well, so of course she always got separate pressies, then again you'd never hear the last of it if you didn't
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2014, 03:18 PM
We could but there is no guarantee the judge will make him pay. What if he pleads poverty ? Its one thing taking him to the small claims court entirely another getting the money from him even then if the judge says he has to pay. Once Christmas is out of the way we should start to pick ourselves up again and the things we had planned will have to go on hold for few a months. Once I know Matt is paid and he will come and service our boiler still and we start the new year it may be wise to try to move on from it.
It leaves a sour taste though.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 03:21 PM
Well I am now on the proper computer as my stupid tablet lost my posting. What I was saying was Happy early Birthday Sue L, mines on the 28th, 4 years after the same date that my sisters is on. My mum and dads anniversary was in March during the war years so you can guess the rest. June you sound like me from the age of 7, I got up to all sorts. Fell off ladders, horses, knocked over by numerous dogs running around. Why do they go behind your legs They see the funny side of things. 'What you doing down there mum??' Hope the finger is more manageable June. Arnica for bruising, you can take it orally or rub it on as long as there isn't an open wound. There are other remedies but can only be used if the bone is positioned correctly if broken? You can use Ruta 6c for pain.
Lynn hope the cake goes with a bang when people eat it. Not really. Enjoy your Christmas. And everyone else. ttfn.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2014, 03:22 PM
It does leave a bad taste Lynn, I know exactly what you mean, you could spend money on getting a judgement and then they tell you there is nothing worth having to pay the amount owing.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Yeah its usable now, took me a while to straighten it because it hurt, but once it was straight it felt better. You know what I mean then, in those days, you just got up, and got back on again or carried on with what you were doing, no hard hats or back protectors in those days. I've even been knocked unconcious, had stitches in my head, and gone back to the stables lol Have had a sit down, so off out to see to the girls and get them tidied up, it will be like a disaster area!
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >