View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Myra mine is a new tree this year, the other one was about 30 years old The lights are integrated in the end of the branches which means they are safe from swiping paws!!

I love yours by the way, I love tinsel.....as much sparkle as possible for me
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Myra mine is a new tree this year, the other one was about 30 years old The lights are integrated in the end of the branches which means they are safe from swiping paws!!

I love yours by the way, I love tinsel.....as much sparkle as possible for me
It's easy for them to get 30 years old. We had one a few years ago that belonged to my grandfather and he died in 1995, it was probably 30 years old. It got "cleaned" out of the garage by accident. It was one of those REALLY nice 7' "fluffy" trees, too. Not an anorexic tree like the current one lol.

My dad nearly went livid over that (it was his dad's and he's sentimental about stuff like that). Since then, he won't let us use anything that belonged to him.

These pretty blue bulbs (that we needed) and the cute Christmas ornament belonged to our grandfather and are both over 20 years old and he won't let us put them on the tree. I fished them out to show you. Sometimes older people baffle me.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Looking forward to it Eileen. And NO cheating to make yours look better
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Hahaha I suppose because I am old it doesn't baffle me. I still have a nativity set that my Grandma bought me. No one is allowed to use it !
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Hahaha I suppose because I am old it doesn't baffle me. I still have a nativity set that my Grandma bought me. No one is allowed to use it !
To me it's like... what does an alcoholic cleaning the garage for booze money and throwing the tree out by accident have ANYTHING to do with us using the items to make our tree more special? But to him it's like... NO MORE POSSIBLE DAMAGE, YOU CANNOT USE!

You do seem to understand. My mother recently WASTED a sizable amount of money on a piece of crap that I don't even know what it is... just because it "brought back memories" of her youth. It now sits AWKWARDLY on our table and IMO is such a giant, ugly thingymajiggybopper.

I'm going to delete this photo so it won't clog up the thread... but can ANYBODY tell me WHAT this ugly thing is?? It came as a set like that, is hideously heavy, made of glass, and is just retarded to me.

Also, there is NO WAY that this cat just swatted the bow off that present (saw her do it). No bulbs to knock down, consolation prize. Ugh!

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Wow an antique wash bowl and jug. Have a look on ebay some are going for hundreds of dollars

There is no way that that cat is guilty. The bow obviously fell off!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Wow an antique wash bowl and jug. Have a look on ebay some are going for hundreds of dollars

There is no way that that cat is guilty. The bow obviously fell off!
A wash bowl and jug... THANK YOU! I'll have a Google to get some more information and eBay. I had NO idea what that thing was! She paid a LOT of money for that piece of crap, and they do look expensive (this one is VERY heavy). Still think she wasted her money

Yes, Pooka puffy paws is innocent even though I SAW her knock off the bow.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Here `s mine, can you spot the two special tree decorations ....

mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Looks great, Jackie! What kind of tree is that? I'd love one like that instead of our anorexic tree.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-12-2014, 04:47 PM
I love seeing pictures of everyone's trees, especially as we do not have them. But it is so nice to be able to share everyone elses, so I thank you all for putting up the photos of your trees so I can enjoy them.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >