View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2014, 11:31 PM
The mind boggles - fancy a poodle having car keys! They'll let anyone on the roads nowadays.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
The Mem dropped me off in Ashton-u-Lyne and I went on the new tram system which dropped me off in Piccadilly Gardens right in the city centre. This of course gave me the chance to do considerable "Secret Shopping" without the surveillance of my handler. Quite a pleasant experience the tram journey
Hi Gordon, I used the 'tram system' when it first came to Sale and it took me into the city without any parking probs, at the time everyone was saying it should be extended to other parts and seems like they have done that now.

As for your shopping, did you have to que every time you wanted to pay for something, I was in town on Tueday and every single shop had a que it drives me mad
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 11:36 PM
LOL Mandy, Keshi also 'just wants to play' but I am fully aware HER idea of playing is to launch herself and land 'playfully' on top of any poor unfortunate dog she comes across, and of course that enthusiasm would more than likely end up with her on the wrong side of the law, so I am careful to ensure she is kept away from all possible sources of trouble until she has perfect recall, this could well keep us both occupied for many years to come the way its going currently. What I don't need is for potential 'playmates' to present themself to her and then to ensure her complete and total absorption, run round and round her in circles
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Evening Brenda and Mandy - I've had that "Oh it will teach them a lesson" trotted out to me a time or two. The trouble with that is that the sort of lesson mine would dish out the majority wouldn't survive! This of course then makes it my fault, even though mine are on a lead and theirs is the aggressor. You just can't win. Most of the time I find it best to not even waste my breathe! To rub salt in the wound, this has been said to me on my own land and they shouldn't even be there. Oh Well!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
so I just increased pace and headed for the middle of the arrogant little sods - this resulted in scattered youths wailing and shrieking all over the floor and me sailing blissfully on and mounting my tram unmolested.
Love it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Gordon, the poodle would have been the better option, the fact that the car keys ended up in the fruit bowl is another story. I quite agree on what you say Gordon, despite the fact that both my girls were on a lunge line, it still ended up my fault, his failure to notice me with 2 very large hairy dogs springing about after a turquoise gel ball (should have gone to Specsavers) was the beginning of it. Thankfully Keshi DID stay still and then sit beside me, until he somehow managed NOT to put its lead on and mayhem ensued. Harvey, there are NO queues in Bolton, in fact there are hardly any people in Bolton!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Yes Harvey - I too find the queueing to pay rather exasperating. Bad enough having to cough up exorbitant amounts of money without the indignity of "standing in line" as our friends from over the pond say. Although have to admit that the service I received in one of the shops I visited today was so good it quite restored my faith in retail sales! It was the "Lush"shop in the Arndale centre, young lass called Jasmine dealt with my requests. I was so impressed that several minutes later I returned to the shop with a small box of chocolates for her as a thank you! I do hope that her employers value her abilities, for good customer service skills are a real art and in many cases nowadays seem to be dispensed with altogether.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2014, 11:51 PM
Of course your 'tiny' hairy dogs are well hidden
This woman had her dogs lead in her hands, no attempt to control it and put it on a lead, cute dog but ran round like a looney Rosie told it off, I'm just glad she was on a lead and did listen...sort off..

Well I'm off to bed see you all in the morning
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 11:53 PM
er... I may just have mentioned to him that the dog may benefit from going to training classes....thats when I was told to f..... off
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Oh i see GORDON can't be let out alone Frightening youths and buying chocolates for young ladies Sounds like you had a great day
TW,with the finger problem (( hugs))
I'm officially done with present buying no more,have had enough Just need to wrap all of it but tomorrow is another day
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >