register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Washed up and the finger is definitely a bit easer, a couple of the other fingers are sore as well, good job I had gloves with grippers on them I nearly slipped she went off with such a wallop, thats why I let go , at the time didn't realise there was another dog come on because I was at the top of the field with my back to the entrance bit and just turning. Any other part of the field I would have seen him even if he hadn't seen me, taken action and avoided him at all costs. Sooo very glad all my girls have got their training certificates because there is no way anyone can argue with that and claim they were out of control and dangerous. Keshi will one day settle and start using ALL her brain cells instead of the half of one she brings out with her till then she's in playtime mode, but is improving compared to 6 months ago.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Tw if you can strap the finger with elastoplast next to the good one. This is all they will do at a & e. Over night when you aren't doing anything. Will help the joint to relax. emmerdale just started. Tt-
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks Brenda, I'll do that when I get out of the bath later on, its just stiffening up I think, I've had a lot worse, so I'll make it through!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Have you got any witch hazel to rub into it June, that might take the bruising out?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure, I'll have a look, think I've run out of Arnica, keep meaning to order some from Ainsworths, quite a bit of stuff that needs replacing. I've got that IB gel, worked miracles on my knee How you feeling tonight Moyra
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Well still got the pain under my shoulder blades but I feel a little better in myself. Steve took Amber for her last walk of the day so I didn't have to face the cold wind again.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Hopefully the meds are doing their stuff then. Its not cold at all here, very mild, but also very rainy!! Glad to hear Steve has helped you as well.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hi all, I'm back with a fat black painful foot, stiff shoulder and hip. Yes I had another fall. It upset everything and I didn't feel much like posting or talking to anyone
Moyra I hope your antibiotics soon work, it has been such a long time.
Nice to see you back mjfromga.
Norma that email is intriguing me now
Brenda I have posted in your nostalgia thread

Sorry but I can't concentrate very well at the moment. Hello to anyone I have missed, unintentionally .
Hello, nice to see you, as well. Admittedly, after going through a ton of crap lately, it's good to be back. I hope you and miss Nippy are doing well.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Evening all - Hope all are well and that those of our members who have taken to falling over (think I may have started that, last week) are on a steady improve. Glad to be home after my day in town, although I am a big fan of the festivities, there is only so much Ho-Ho-Ho! one can take in six hours. Mission accomplished on the shopping front, although as correctly summised by some of you, I am suitably chastened in the wallet department. The Mem dropped me off in Ashton-u-Lyne and I went on the new tram system which dropped me off in Piccadilly Gardens right in the city centre. This of course gave me the chance to do considerable "Secret Shopping" without the surveillance of my handler. Quite a pleasant experience the tram journey clean and quick and a first for me! Can certainly see me doing it again, saves on the driving for the Mem and the endless mither of parking etc. Dare not say just what has been purchased, for fear the devious Mem looks at my computermybob to sneak an early look at the Xmas goodies, but Cashmere, Lush products, and sparklies were the order of the day along with some silly Xmas stuff (naturally) and edible treats. Personal Xmas cards were purchased (the Mem does the general ones) but somewhere along the way I lost them, thank goodness it was only the cards and not something more expensive. Was extremely pleased that in my absence the Mem had walked the dogs so didn't have that to do on my return, as I did find it rather tiring today. Had a quick hour with the feet up before dinner and am now considerably restored, bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Glad to hear you survived Gordon. Yeah the tram system is brilliant isn't it when working, sometimes it isn't,then chaos ensues. When the car was being mended over the summer, I used the train then the tram a couple of times to get over that end and then my friend picked me up near the Emirates Stadium where the Commonwealth Games was held, and took me where i needed to go, or if I took the car over there, she picked me up and took me to the tram stop, far quicker than a bus, and far more frequent than a train (which only run every hour here, 7am - 6pm and not on Sunday) I have to drive for 20 minutes to get to my nearest tram stop, but once I'm actually there its easy. Was thinking you may well be on life support, cradling your wallet tenderly so as not to disturb it whilst it fought for life. I am venturing to Manchester on Monday to meet a long standing friend (we worked together 20 odd years ago) for lunch, which is something we have done every year now for far too long!!! Was in Bolton this week and it was totally quiet, hardly anyone about, serves them right for what the did to our lovely Victorian Market Hall!!!!
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »