Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2014, 09:59 AM

Morning dogsey daily thread (Wednesday)

Morning sleepy heads. Hope everyone had a good nights sleep. Or maybe not as no one is on here. Have re-done some of my latest shop from Tesco that come's tomorrow. Amazing what is out of stock already. Have been out and walked Tyto and then came back and did some dusting. Do I take down the cards to dust again or leave them and do them after Christmas. Ah decisions decisions. Off for coffee and catch up with Midsomer Murders. tt all have a good day. And hope anyone that is feeling poorly gets better soon.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Morning
It's quiet this morning, perhaps it's because we don't seem to have daylight yet...well not here anyway. Even Rosie not really moving about yet
Not at work today, cos Lauryn gets her award tonight but don't know what for yet. Looking forward to finding out
Hope everyone is ok, feeling better if poorly.
Will have to move and get something done, coffee first though
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Very dark and dismal this morning, heavy rain is forecast, but not raining at present, giving it another half hour and if the rain holds off I will get out with the girls. Going to check to see if the swan is still there, if it is, then will ring the telephone numbers I have collected Got a tip trip this afternoon and need to get a couple of things for Christmas presents, which means going into Bolton. Don't like Bolton anymore since they got rid of the old market hall and put a load of trendy shops in there, none of which sell anything I would want to buy. Lots of people feel the same, they've tried to imitate the Trafford Centre, which is about 10 miles up the motorway, a lot bigger and has free parking. I tend to go to Bury nowadays as it still has the market town atmosphere and a thriving outdoor and indoor market. Wouldn't blame anyone for staying in bed today, its like early evening outside!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Morning everyone been manic here and when will this boiler saga end.
Had a phone call from Matt the bank had sent him a letter saying the last cheque we gave him for all that work had been declined. Couldn't get hold of Gorden so left him a voice mail he did return the call quickly. He said I am looking at the spreadsheet and it has been paid. We knew it would as it used the money from the royalties of his book. He rung the bank and apparently the bank have said the cheque presented the same day the royalties went in and they do their outgoings first not the incomings so as they had not accounted for the incomings they declined the cheque. As per usual standard letter printed and sent same day saying they wouldn't pay it. They have assured Gorden and he has assured me it will be paid today. Although not a lot we do still have a little money in the bank. Not sure poor Matt is convinced when I rung back to explain. I am feeling quite ill with it all now.
Matt said he spoke to the first boiler man yesterday the one who broke ours they live near each other. He went over and asked Matt if he would like to take on his oil boiler customers as he wasn't doing oil boilers any more. Maybe trading standards have been in touch and that review has shaken him up now he just needs to refund some money to us.
Off to get my hair cut in a while so will try to relax a little.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2014, 10:42 AM
i was up super early for me... didn't want to start the thread incase i duplicated Lol
Mandy, oooo let us know what award lauryn gets
Brenda....i vote for leaving the cards and dust after christmas
TW, enjoy your shopping trip, they are forever changing stuff in our city, at the moment the whoe of the city gets gridlocked at rush hour as the council decided to make massive changes to the ringroad, a massive road island and other numerous road works...ridiculous
Little pup has arrived safely at the vets and i should have her back sometime this afternoon, will get dressed in a minute and walk Kota. I have just laminated their certificates so i can put them away now, will pick up deagans medal next week or after xmas perhaps. must remember to boil up some rice and chicken for her return
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2014, 10:45 AM
awwww Lynn, well i suppose it is a positive at least that he has decided not to do oil boilers anymore, if you don't get your money back (i know not much of a consolation) at least you will know that you have made other people a heck of a lot safer...... maybe Matt should give you your next boiler service for free beings as you have now got him all those new customers!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Lynn. the thought did cross my mind you were yet again immersed in the boiler saga and I quickly dismissed it, but no I was right. At least this cowboy has either seen the error of his ways, or had them pointed out to him - whatever happened it is good news for potential victims, and like Griff says, maybe Matt will give you 'commission' . Very handy for banks to do outgoings first isn't it then if you go overdrawn they can charge you for the 10 minutes that they will 'round up' to 24 hours. I think maybe that needs looking at, doubt it will be though, and the incomings done first, then lots of us wouldn't be bitten like you have been and poor Matt has. Griff, I'm sure pup will be fine, couldn't believe what Cariad was like after being done, she was lively as anything, and I turned to give her a bunk up into the car and she jumped in past me I always ask them to use Propofol as the recovery time and general lack of side effects is worth the extra in my opinion. Vets said she would probably sleep all night, er no...she was at the front door wanting to go for a walk, I'd made her up a nice cosy bed in the puppy play pen so's she was warm and quiet, but obviously wasn't what she wanted Relax at the hairdressers Lynn, I used to love having my hair done, I really miss it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2014, 11:17 AM
Morning, everyone. My allergies are kicking some serious butt today. Both the pups have been out to potty, we will likely walk later as I feel like crap right now. Jade recently had a UTI, so am keeping an eye out for that to ensure it does not recur. I feel like sniffing, sneezing crap.

Nigredo has taken to insisting on sleeping on my bed near my head, he's also been a bit more standoffish lately. The other day the mail lady came down to place a package on the porch and he let rip a horrible string of barks and snarls that is totally not him.

My mother says it's because I am dealing with serous health problems right now and am not well yet (still very weak though am much better) and he can sense it and is more clingy and protective. I believe her, he has been extra clingy since I returned from the hospital.

I have taken to scrunching up into the wall in my little bed, so he will fit, or using him as a pillow more or less. This morning, seems I breathed in too much dog hair, and my allergies are bothering me. I've taken a Claritin, and will be fine soon enough but still.

Have to do a final round of Christmas shipping later today, so sure hope I get to feeling better very quickly. I lost my CC last night after using it for something, and it took quite some time to find it last night.

Hope everyone is doing okay, see everyone later.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Well the day started off OK with a little sun, now grey and grotty. The news came on and sad to say I turned it off. How can people do so much to other innocent people. Oh well must go and get the wheeliebins in. Sorry, hope all is going smoothly for everyone.bfn.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Dreadful that these types are taking their vengeance on innocent children. They are against education as then they won't have the hold over them as adults, so they try their best to make people too afraid to send their children to school. They even took a group photo before they set off on their killing spree. And they think Allah will welcome them into Paradise - I do not think so!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >