View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2014, 10:48 AM
I have been told to phone the docs again tomorrow morning for an emergency appointment at 8.30am. Normally they do not answer their phones until 9.15 so I assume I shall get through to the emergency line anyway. I told her my dad died at 50 from lung cancer and I am very concerned at the pains I am getting in my breast bone and under my shoulder blades. She said yes you must see the doctor then. Thank God I seem to be getting somewhere. Thanks for your support everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Moyra, I would ring back and quiz her on this phoning at 8.30am if they don't answer the phones till gone 9 - who will you speak to. Also it will more than likely be engaged by the 1 trillion other people also wanting to get through.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Morning,wee quick check in to see how MOYRA is getting on.Tomorrow? What the heck is going on that you can't see a doctor when you're poorlie,you sure as heck have paid for the privilege Its a total disgrace the whole set up,feeling ill and having to sit on hold on a phone for half the day Remember my mum being told not to bother,just ring straight away for an ambulance,she wouldn't of course,but don't blame peeps that do tbh!!Alright rant over
Freezing here today but dry at least Have a mountain of stuff to get through this week.Once OH finishes on Friday,nothing will get done.Its all run,run,run with him,he can't sit for two minutes....maybe he has piles
Right so,off to the PO and the accountants with the building paperwork,overworked and underpaid,me
Have a great day all...10 more days to go
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2014, 12:03 PM
I shall walk Amber before 8 tomorrow, come back have a shower and dress and then phone the docs and if I do not get any sense then I shall drive up there and sit and wait!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2014, 01:34 PM
10 more days to Santa day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Afternoon everyone. Moyra hope you get an appointment tomorrow utter disgrace the way you have been treated.
Hope all other poorlies and with aches and pains feel better soon.

Been to get Tracy's kettle and toaster from Curry's was going to open the gate to come on the drive and Beth was just going in her house so she opened the gate for me. Got an invite in for a cuppa and mince pie and too meet the new puppy a choc lab called Bun bun by the children. Poppy isn't keen as Bun bun is a bit of a live wire and very bitey. Very lovely though.
Beth and Phoebe when out Phoebe is 4 saw something they thought I would like it was wrapped up for Christmas but Phoebe opened the Christmas card for me and then said I could open my present. We did it together. It is the 2015 Bernese calendar. Beth said its for being such a good neighbour.
Now I feel you shouldn't need to be rewarded or told you are a good neighbour it should be part of life as we never know when we may need help and manners and being polite and being friendly cost nothing. It is very nice though to be told you are a good neighbour.
Just about got my head through the door when coming in. Dillon brushed he will stick his head in the hedges to get a glimpse of Poppy and Bun bun and then gets debris in his ears so have put Thornit in. Done housework downstairs off for a tidy upstairs now and then a bath and hair wash and maybe put the tree up.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Been out with girls and cleaned up outside, and it started raining, so timed it right. When on our walk up the tow path there was a swan there, and it wasn't really moving, did a lot of hissing at us, but we got past OK, was a bit concerned about it At first I thought it was one of the pair that live on that bit of the canal, but further up I saw both of them. A couple of guys on bikes came towards me, so I warned them and then a fisherman. About an hour later on my way back it was still there, and standing on one leg on the other side of the path by the horses, I then saw that the leg it was holding up didn't have much of a webbed foot, not sure if its a birth defect or something happened. Sooo came home and rang RSPCA, but because I am not stood in front of the poor thing (how could I with 2 dogs racing round it and not knowing the number to ring) they don't want to know. Have rung the council about it as it is in the Country Park (I think) and she said its already been reported and they've been onto the RSPCA, I explained I had already tried that route and got nowhere. Lynn what lovely neighbours to recognise what a lovely neighbour YOU are!!! Eileen, I am about to start Christmas......blink and you'll miss it. Son rang and asked if I had put the tree up yet, but I haven't, but I will soon Moyra am hoping you get somewhere with the doctors
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks June, hope that swan is going to be ok! Sometimes I wonder about the RSPCA and what they are interested in..........anything that has publicity usually!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Well Done TW Hope the swan gets some help soon.Get on with the tree Missy!!
Aww LYNN,laughing at Bun Bun that's so cute Nice to be appreciated and your neighbours sound lovely
Going to put on Spag Bol for tea,just had half a chocolate orange but I had no lunch,so that's ok then
Has GRIFF been on today?
Off to get the pan out...TW we'll want to see pics of your fabulous tree,please don't be super glueing the dec's on...what are you like!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Hello all, ducked in for a quick read and then dashed off this morning, had to go to the vets, to get a blood test and then to pick up a couple of bits from town and of course as i was going everyone added bits they wanted! i could hardly walk what with crutches and bl**dy bags, then i got in, managed to grab a bag of crisps and a quick cup of coffee and then the 2 dogs to walk.... got back from walking them and looked at the kitchen and the bin still hadn't been emptied.............bl**dy men, so have done that and just managed to got on here.
Moyra that is terrible service, our doctors will see you that day as long as you are not fussy who you see (i am ) and on a thursday it is half day but they do an emergency clinic in the afternoon
Lynn how lovely of them to get you a gift, yes you might not feel that you need to be thanked but having good neighbours is a blessing
Laceyhope you manage to get all your stuff done before OH gets back
TW i had a similar experience with the rspca.... a swan in the park where my pup was found, very ill, couldn't find it so i gave my mobiel number and said i would go and wait in the park for them...it is not a big park, an hour and ahalf in the drizzle later, no phoencall and no insector so i called back.........off a mobile i may add to be told sorry they had no-one to send?? again with a pigeon i picked up, kept it overnight as they requested as they had no-one to send and they rang in the morning and when i said it had survived they seemed most put out and then said they had no-one to send and could i take it to the vets! errrmmmm nope i don't drive and am ill...oh well could you get a taxi with it??? i sent my dad to the vets with it where it was no doubt put to sleep but better than being left to suffer
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »