tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Where you google stuff
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Afternoon all - June - condolences on the passing of poor Morphy. At least you have the Celeb on hand to take over duties, although sucking up dust in Bolton has got to be a bit of a comedown from a career in the performing arts. Hope that all is going well for various members, in need of tlc or just c, and that fortune favours you all coming up to this festive time of year. Have been taking it a bit easier these last couple of days, mind you I have still been doing a couple of miles each day with the dogs, but at a very sedate stroll. Weather is cold, wet, grey and miserable and of course, now dark! Doesn't seem likely it will pick up any time soon, but at least we haven't had the threatened snow (what bit we did have melted on contact with the very wet ground). Eileen - Have seen the proposed dog bed for the princess and think you need your bumps feeling. Very nice it is too - but what a price!!! My poor old wallet went into spasm and that was just out of sympathy! Take care everybody and I will see you all later, bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Afternoon everyone. Broke the back of the shopping had difficulty finding Tracey's present the red kettle and toaster either you need a mortgage or the reasonable priced ones are of course out of stock. Came home and have reserved both at the local Curry's both for the price of one item everywhere else.
Now busy sorting to getting to Mark and Tracey next weekend to drop off their pressies and Christmas cake then to get to mums friends funeral and tie in catching up with Gill too exchange gifts and hopefully then meet my friend to give them their cake at the garden centre not far from the crematorium on the way back to Norfolk. Just waiting for her to ring back with confirmation.
Will have to visit mum after Christmas she has complained to Gill I never go now. Only saw her a couple of weeks ago with Gill. She told her all the problems I have had and we think she forgets how far away I live now.
Surprisingly easy to park today and not at all busy maybe next weekend will be busier.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2014, 05:45 PM
NJ, I'll say no more
GORDON,yes I agree,bed is a pricey little number but I used my 15% first time buyer discount which I searched for (are you with me NJ) and that brought it down to a more reasonable figure....plus she's 11 now,how many more Christmases is she going to have? So I thought a few little bits and bobs would add up to that anyway, so why not go for it? She's worth it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Celeb doing a cracking job, unfortunately the adaptor thingy wasn't and I had to keep holding it in place until everything worked, then worked for a bit and the plug seemed to spring out of the adaptor, sorted with super glue, all over my hands now. I figured that I would never not use it without the adaptor so I married them , did get stuck to the plug at one stage, managed to get free luckily for the stairs. Oh Lynn, my mother used to tell people I never went to see her, that'll be apart from the weekly shopping, running her for her pension etc etc then....if people hadn't have seen me there, and my brother knowing I was sorting the money out as I went along, she was very believable. She was in hosptial once after a fall, and she started telling me my brother and his wife had come up to see her (they are in London) as the hospital had rung them. They'd had to go off for a while, but would be back later. I had to go and check with the nurses because even I was nearly believing her, couldn't see it being the case, but she was very convincing! Gordon, glad you are back and mobile again. The mud is terrible isn't it with all the rain.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2014, 06:00 PM
I remember June your problems I feel after everything I have done over the years I deserve a rest and all the hurt she caused me a few years back over the adoption stuff. Gill thinks she is losing her memory rapidly now which isn't surprising as she stays in bed all day except for showering and the toilet which she is put in a wheel chair for.
She also has a bad water infection so maybe the tablets are playing havoc with her memory too. Also she will 95 in May.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2014, 06:00 PM
TW please tell me you didn't superglue the plug to the adaptor??? Have you a death wish Woman? Shouldn't have been popping out in the first place,are you sure it's the right one?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2014, 06:20 PM
There's only one adaptor - I made sure I got an earthed one, and yes I superglued them together, otherwise I was going nowhere fast, you can't hoover and sit holding the plug into the adaptor. Its working fine since they got married. So mild here now, only just lit the fire, just seen the local weather and they are saying 12 degrees later on in the week. So no heat lamps needed this week. My mum would be 96 on New Years Eve, but her last few months were dreadful and I would have been prosecuted to keep an animal going in that state, and the hospital agreed with me. I know how badly she hurt you Lynn, but for some reason they don't seem to recognise that their actions and words in earlier times tend to stay in your memory and you are influenced by that when you are expected to do the donkey work without complaint, my mother told me it was my duty
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2014, 06:24 PM
I just realised Humphrey,Fifi,Sid and Max are wearing their Santa hats Wouldn't make a very good detective would I? I do make a cracking egg and onion sandwich though,so that's what I'm having,along with a great big mug of coffee
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm having the last of the lambs tail and veg soup with half a baguette, watching Country File
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »