register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Very cold here this morning and we've had a heavy frost, car is frozen up and the roads are icy, glad I'm not having to go anywhere early. Left the girls heatlamps on until it warms up a bit outside, forecasting rain for later, icy roads with rain on them.....mmmm.....not good Moyra I do hope you feel better very soon, why on earth you can't get an appointment with the doctor when you feel so poorly I'll never understand, I know its the same everywhere, makes me so mad Poor little Michael doesn't sound like he'll make the party, i hope its just a 24 hour thing and doesn't stay wih the poor little lad for ages. Soooo if Carys is doing archery is that the Saturday swim sessions booted down the list or are you fitting that in elsewhere So sorry to hear about your mum's old neighbour, Lynn, will your mum remember or will she forget after she's told. Nippy, if you think you're cold there, come here, but put some extra layers on, you'll need them Brenda, its our Christmas Party at training tomorrow, forecast is for heavy rain, I may just show my face and leave Keshi at home, no use in her getting soaked just standing about in the rain chatting over tea and cake. Was going to take her and one of the others in fancy dress, but when I saw the forecast I decided against it. Norma, please take care where you are, its looking like you are in for some snow and even more bad weather. Poor Gemma, being forced to go a walk in the cold, no wonder she complained. You've got a good week before OH is back from the Isles haven't you so at least you can please yourself on what you do. Good luck to you on the shopping trip Lynn, I think it'll be heaving. Going for pet mince and a couple of things I forgot yesterday, but am hibernating apart from girls walks.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Afternoon all - I cannot remember which day I last fell but am still tired and want to sleep all the time. Finally have internet back but am not holding my breath about it as it was "fixed" last Sunday and again last Monday, as well as being "fixed" again yesterday.

No idea but now have both landlines disconnected as being nbg - plus my printer. Cordless phones OK unless there is a power cut.

Internet should be OK if it goes off as Chai from the macolet lets me use his wifi if necessary - got a thingy that conhooks to my PC but only need to conhook to his wifi with something else if necessary.

But I still do not know what the problem is/was - Effie was here for something else [no, not THAT] so he sorted it all out with the techid and I do not have the slightest idea what the problem was.

And I hurt bad from the last fall and really want to go back to bed. Again.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Awww Lynn, you really aren't having a good time of things at the moment are you? (((hugs)))
Afternoon all, hope you do get to see a Dr Moyra and get sorted... you want to be good for christmas
Lucky star, sorry to hear little michael is poorly, earache is one of the most horrid things on the planet
hope everyone is going to have a good day today and if it is wet i hope you get some sun
i am doing..............nothing again Lol
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Hello all
It's very cold and frosty here but sunny, Lauryn is baking some donut muffins with Nutella in them- yum, I will have one before work
Been up town, got what bits we needed, Rosie been out.
Now watching footy with hubby
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Here you are our christmas quiz at classes today. Which was a great success.
Here is the Quiz if you want to have a go. No cheating now. And the prize is a pat on the back. Bg!!
Christmas Quiz: Answer

What was Tin Tin’s dog called?

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me?

Who is Pere Noel?

What colour are the berries of the mistletoe plant?

Name the eight reindeer that normally pull Santa's sleigh

Who is the famous one with a red nose?

What do you usually put on Christmas pud?

What dog is known for carrying a barrel of this?

What is the chemical formula of snow?

Who usually sings White Christmas?

What is the zodiac sign of people born on 25th December?

What sort of food is stollen?

The extra one:

Yorkshireman William Strickland is believed to have brought the first what to Britain from North America in 1526?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2014, 02:11 PM
mmm those doughnut muffins sound gorgeous, send her over with some please Mandy. Brenda I think the answer to the last question is Turkey, not sure of some of the others, know most of them, but not all. It is bitter cold out with a heavy mist, thawed so very muddy, i had on a thermal vest and long johns under snowboard trousers, t shirt and fleece on top of thermal vest then thick coat, and wore my bearpaw boots with thermal socks over thin cotton ones. I was like the Michelin man Began to get a bit too warm by the end of Lona and Mabs walk. Everyone has had a good clean out yet again, all the rain means the shavings don't stay as dry, changed the heat bulb in the big kennel to 150 the same as the one in the little kennel as it is forecast freezing or below the next few nights. I had a lower heat bulb in the big kennel as there usually at least 2 or 3 in there, so they give out some heat themselves. Brought in 2 buckets of coal, not lit fire yet, but house cooling down quite rapidly, so will light that before I go out for pet mince and other bits i forgot yesterday. Wasn't sure how much I had in yesterday, went in the butcher to order youngest son's turkey and realised I hadn't a clue whether I had enough for the weekend or not, and I haven't. My coat, snowboarding trousers, girls collars, leads and Mabs harness all in the wash, so muddy and dirty they won't do another day! Sat with butty and cup of tea getting my second wind, kitchen thick muddy paw marks, but will do that when I get back from shopping as I'll have to go back out again to do teas and skip out and then I'll do the utility as well. Relax Griff, you aren't so clever at the moment are you, just try and rest till you're feeling a bit better.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Nah, i am a bit rough at the moment TW, i now have a water infection.
i am happy though as mum has bought a new laptop so i am messing about with that at the moment...............not keen on windows8 though, coudn't do the email on there so downloaded livemail 2012, know where we are with that. Hopefully my mum and dad will manage with it, need to download Itunes and a driver for my printer and hopefully we will be done
bit of excitement here, one of the girls across the road has lost her 2 ferrets so i will have to keep my eyes out for them
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Brenda-
1) snowy
2) maids a milking ?
3) Father Christmas
4) red
5) dasher,dancer, prancer, donner, blitzen and Rudolph are all I remember
6) Rudolph
7) brandy
St. Bernard
9)
10) bing Crosby
11) Capricorn
12)cake
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Hope you feel better soon Griff, my hubby don't like windows 8
I'll send Lauryn over TW, the muffins are very nice indeed
Not feeling like work at all, only 4 hours though
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Hope work goes o.k Mandy, glad i am not the only one struggling with windows 8, the only thing we use the laptop for is surfing, emailing and the odd bit of printing/typing
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »