View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Morning all. My little one is obsessed with 101 Dalmatians.got it on now. I bloody hopeless as I alway cry when they come home lol.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2014, 10:13 AM
Have managed to get Teazle out for her morning walk. It stopped raining so quick coats on and out. Started to drizzle when nearly home and just got in and the head end opened again. It is looking brighter but still raining
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Morning all...

Dont know where this flippin weeks has gone Been really busy, so not even got on here for a catch up Hope all is well and everyone is getting in the Christmas Spirit....I never say that X mas word, always Christmas.

I haven't even got my cards yet....will get some today and will write them monday, hopefully.

Got all caught up on my hoovering, dusting and the like and can even see my kitchen floor Fire is laid ready to light a little later.

Looking forward to mince pie and coffee with Lynn on tuesday.

If some one is looking for a bargain and a new career, have a look at this

http://www.everardcole.co.uk/find-a-...erty.php?id=65

Me and Lynn have been in here, and we both think it could be a real goldmine. We revamped it and got a coffee shop, a crafty place, an art gallery and a nice pub going. All in our mind you know It is in a really nice village. Cant understand why it's not sold

Eversuffering husband's weekend off this weekend, think we might put the tree up. We have one of those pop up ones cos the blummin cats try to climb it

Have a great weekend folks, stay warm and dry and I will try to nip in later, if not catch up on monday xxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2014, 11:02 AM
No rain here this morning, as Gordon said there is a slight sort of sunshine flitting about, but looking a bi watery and the sky is looking as though its gearing itself up for something Nasty later. If Gordon's gone back to bed,then he mustn't be feeling too clever and hope you sleep it off and are up and about for lunch Gordon. I don't know where this week has gone either, then again I was zooming about for the first 2 days, hiding from the weather one day, and getting warm and dry after being out in the weather yesterday. Got some cleaning jobs done that I'd been putting off. My friend is still in hospital and is on a drip with all sorts in it, swelling on her leg has gone down and she's feeling a little more positive, she was very scared and upset earlier in the week, and I can't say I blame her. Elaine have a lovely weekend with Ever Suffering and lol at the cats climbing the tree, you are a lovely kind Aunty to Dillon, not sure if I could cope with a pigs head. I did get one for Cariad and Lona, years ago. Butcher chopped it in half for me and the girls wouldn't touch it, and I had to pick it up with the coal shovel and bag it and bin it!!!! Cakes sound lovely Lynn, you are so clever. I don't like Christmas Cake so never make one, made one at school, but too rich for me, same with Christmas pudding, never fancied eating one. Well I'm going to make a move before the heavens open, beginning to look a bit dark now and yesterday was enough for me
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Well it has stopped raining here but looks as though it could start at any time again. The best thing to do with pigs head is to boil it down and make brawn of it. A speciality for some. I used to make it for my late ex-
husband, he used to love it. Would be nice to see some sunshine, my friend in Vancouver is experiencing the pineapple express with sunshine and temps of about 15c lucky thing.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Hope your enjoying the film JM.
Looking forward to Tuesday if I'm not waiting in for that blooming parcel Elaine. Hows the weather your end ? Also how are things are you feeling a bit more chipper ?
Glad your friend is on the mend June and that they are going above and beyond for her.
Not keen on pigs heads myself but Dillon loves them I freeze them and take them straight form the freezer and he finds a cosy corner in the garden and munches away. Picked it up when he moved away and it is in a bag back in his freezer. Can't say brawn appeals to me Moyra.
Last Christmas cake in the oven having a coffee then sort some Christmas cards.
Stopped this post halfway through phone went it was Peter. Gill is out with a friend today for lunch so he rang to give me the details about Gill's appointment Monday as Gill doesn't tell you everything. My brother Michael and I knew it was bad but I now know she has a mass in her pelvis which is 4 inches square 8 years ago when she had the first op and chemo it was 3/8ths of an inch. She also has another lump further up in her stomach. Peter feels they feel it is also in her lungs but Gill argues the patches are from when she had tb. Peter says she cannot walk up the stairs without wheezing possibly the chemo, and she isn't eating properly.
So there is no treatment till at least January when she goes back to see if they will do the op which will mean a stoma bag but she was told it wouldn't save her life but buy her time that's if they agree to do it. The other option is radiotherapy which will only be palliative it will shrink the tumour for a while but it will come back. Peter says he is not sure if you can have radiotherapy more than once.
I am not going to let her know I know that much but Peter feels her family need to know just how serious it is.
I knew it was bad but didn't realise it was that bad.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Been out with the girls and have given the yard a good clean taken the rubber matting out that comes out, and scrubbed them and swept the floors. 2 strange sort of showers whilst I was out, like soft hail, then a blue sky with fluffy white clouds and went very warm, almost tropical Sky gone a strange colour again but the sun is still out, big difference from yesterday and I was all wrapped up as well, so came home like a grease spot. Sat having a butty and cup of tea then off out to do weekly shop, never did my Christmas shop, no idea if I'll get it done today, I'm shattered now after this morning and all the cleaning outside, needed it though after nearly a week of heavy rain. Looks and smells lovely
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Lynn, you posted as I did, so have only just seen the news about Gill. So awful and so sad, nothing i can say, don't know what to say. In my thoughts and hope there is a miracle on its way for her
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Thanks June your right nothing anyone can say. I knew it was bad but this just kind of confirms how bad. I am now wondering if mum is going to outlive a 2nd daughter.
Haven't done my Christmas shop yet either have got my card hanger down and the box of Christmas cards, not feeling very Christmassy though.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Lynn, there are no words to convey how sad the news is for Gill, lets hope she can continue with a less pain as possible.

I phoned docs this morning to try to get an appointment and was told to finish the antibiotics first even though there was no improvement in my chest. Wish they would all stick to the same agenda that is not what I was told the other day and I know when I finish the a/bs over the weekend I shall have to wait ages for an appointment that's if I can get through on the phone. The care has seemed to go out of the NHS lately, they, the medical staff are too overstretched and yet there are plenty of managers and paper pushers!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »