Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2014, 07:42 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Good morning all,

Darker still this morning. Hope it lightens soon Amber is waiting to go out.

Have a good day all, stay safe, dry and warm and above all well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Morning Moyra just getting light here and its very windy.
Dillon woke me at 5 didn't want to go out wanted to be downstairs and me with him, think the wind was disturbing him it rattles down the chimney. Fell asleep on the sofa then he barked at 7 and woke me with a start he wanted to go out.
It will be nanny naps here today.
Hope everyone with aches and pains and colds is feeling better today and any poor doglets too.
Nippy Jen still thinking of John.
Hoping all our friends up North are safe and warm and our friend in Ireland.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-12-2014, 08:38 AM
Good morning Moyra and all to come
Hope you are ALL SAFE and well and haven't been affected to much by this horrendous weather that's battering the country
It's certainly been a case of battery down the hatches ,tremendous winds ,rain ,hail you name it we've had the lot ,throw in power cuts for hours too
Hope everyone has been behaving : all poorly human and doglets get better soon
Shhh boilers are still working and there's been no disasters it's gotten very dark again ,the powers flickering winds getting up hope to catch you all later fingers crossed
Do take care stay safe xxxxxxxxx
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Morning Moyra and Lynn. Only a little windy here at the moment but also dry. Been for my first wander with Tyto and my ears are still weird. If you have a dog that is restless with the windy weather try t.touch. That is making small circles with your two middle fingers over their body. Like a massage. but only lightly. Helps to calm them. Best when they are lying down next to you. Works wonders on dogs at classes that are nervy or bouncy. Have a good day each and everyone else that follows. Morning Norma. Missed you there coming on before me while I was sending.
ttfn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Morning Norma sounds horrendous hope it settles today for you.
Morning brenda thanks for the tip he is ok if I'm down here he goes to bed and goes back to sleep. Might try that for visitors to see if it stops him bouncing off the walls with excitement.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Try it before they come for a few days and it should work quicker each time you do it.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Having chimney swept today as we don't know what state it is in after the previous owners used it.

The sweep lives 2 doors down (Barry the Brush) and he was saying that you should now have a certificate confirming it has been cleaned professionally. Why? It seems if a house catches fire insurance companies say they won't pay out unless you have proof of proper chimney cleaning as that may have cause or contrributed to the fire.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Good morning

Hope your day improves weatherwise today for you Norma

Pleased to read your brother has improved and is out of intensive care Nippy.

Hope you are ok Moyra today.

Windy here but dry. Teasel had her morning walk and now having a coffee. Having chimney swept today. Apparently the last time he did it he had to scrap the flue so don't know what the previous owners burnt beside the logs, some of which he has left behind! The chap doing it thinks it was last sept two years ago so another thing they didn't keep on top of.

Youngest son is having problems with the insurance co. and his boiler. They told me to get an engineers report and they would consider it. That was in the middle of November. Now they are saying get the work done and then submit the claim for them to consider. Poor tenant has been without hot water and heat now for at least a month. Why can't they tell you the proper way to go about it sooner.

Also eldest son has problems and his boiler too is nearly dead. No hot water although heating working. Engineer looked and said he could replace bits and pieces but to be honest thinks it if saw a screwdriver it would fall apart as there is a lot of rust holding parts together. So new boiler being fitted next week and perhaps he will also need a new gas pipe from the meter in something to do with new regs. I think this is the month of boiler problems for a lot of people

Hope you all have a good day
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Morning,
Fell asleep on the sofa last night in the middle of DAD Was lovely and cosy,still had my day clothes on,boots and all
Seen some cars covered in snow on the school run.Must be on higher ground,think we'll get some today...YIPEE Taking youngest shopping after school so I want to scoot round give the house the once over.At least its calm enough at the mo to take the Princess out Deciding what to get OH is driving me nuts!! So hard to buy for men aren't they?? Women are easy
Will see you all later,have a great day
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow. Poor old Amber, I hope she is able to uncross her legs soon
Morning Lynn, I think the wind has unsettled Peps too, she has been very fidgety overnight. Thanks for thinking of John (along with everyone else) I have been thinking of Gill and you. It is so stressful on the relatives isn't it?
Morning Norma, stay safe, I can't imagine what it is like for you up there in Scotland, it is bad enough down here in the south west.
Morning Brenda, I used to do t touch on a hyperactive collie cross I once had, can't say it helped but she used to enjoy it!
Tumble, good luck with the chimney. A certificate makes sense. I haven't got a chimney
Morning Sue, 2014 must be the year of the duff boilers, especially after the probs me and Lynn had too
I hope you all have a safe, warm, dry day, be back later x
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »