register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Not sure of the ins and outs yet, she's in a right old state. Nippy, you are STILL a child bride
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Good news about John Nippy Jen. Glad you had a nice lunch with your G/daughter. Happy birthday to her.
Goodness June your poor friend.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2014, 07:21 PM
TW,that is a total disgrace how your friend's been treated
NJ good news for John know he's not out of the woods yet but a step in the right direction,just the same Happy to hear you enjoyed your time out with your Grand daughter & Co...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Had her on again just now, apparently they're concerned about an internal infection and she is on bed rest and not allowed to get up. If they had perhaps kept her in a little longer rather than chucking her out straight away, without ensuring she had the right care package, then perhaps this would never have happened. I am so annoyed and she is so upset and down
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Disgusting June and now she is going to take longer to recover and is suffering more than she needed too and it will cost the NHS more money so what was the point of trying to save any. False economy again at the expense of the patient.
Its such a shame how things are turning out. We need the good old days back Matrons on the wards keeping everything in good order.
Rant over.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Nothing short of disgusting June, she should sue them for all the pain and suffering she has been and is going through!

Jenny, something else we share apart from our disabilities is getting married young, I was only 17 when I married under duress in my case. My late ex husband and my mother wouldn't take no for an answer. But I made the best of a bad job for 21 years! A life term served!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2014, 08:02 PM
i agree with you Lynn, to save a couple of extra days keeping her and not ensuring the District Nurse came in every day, she is now in for 5 days on a drip, on bedrest, its got to work out dearer
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Good for you LYNN,very well written.Pity you had to write it,but there you go Needs to be said and hopefully others will avoid the same mistake after reading that(( hugs))
Eileen, I can't thank Lynn enough for telling me about the OFTEC thing, I was going to leave the servicing of my oil burning boiler until the summer but thanks to her I'm now having it done by an OFTEC approved firm, hopefully just after the New Year.

These are quite complicated bits of kit, the Instruction Manual for mine (Which is a Worcester Bosch but very similar to Grants) is 51 pages of A4 size and there are 65 maintenance checks to be carried out on an annual service

In the circumstances I think Lynn has been very fair and has written a good review, let's hope people will read it and take note.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
borrowed a tenner from youngest this morning,how sad is that?
Eileen, that made me smile, in a way I think it's good because it should help to teach your youngest about money in general and the plus / minus of having to borrow it or in this case lend it. I believe that education in money matters is so very important, too many parents today just ignore it and that's why kids get into problems when they eventually leave home.

By the way PLEASE don't infer any critiscism of yourself, no way am I saying you are irrresponsible, you know (I hope) that I don't do things like that )
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Good news from here. John is out of intensive care but still quite poorly. He only has 1 kidney and I think this could be what is hampering his recovery.
Pleased to read that NJ have been keeping an eye on your posts and hoping for a good outcome. I remember when you posted about 'finding' him some years ago.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >