View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2014, 11:25 AM
i like walking in the rain provided i haven't just dyed my hair...nothing quite like a woman walking along with a blue or pink streak down her face Lol, the sun has now come out so we are o.k for now, the dogs don't like the rain even with coats on bless them, it's the wind that does for me... not keen on the wind at all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Morning Eileen, Sue, Malka and June.

Stay safe all those in the high risk weather areas.
Sorry to hear of your woes Malka.
griff it is an ordinary bolt, we didn't have an inside flap either so we bought one of them too. Gorden fitted the inside plate and has put a small piece of wood to fit the bolt on it makes it sit above the flap and you just pull the bolt across the flap. It doesn't go the whole length but does make it secure, we could fit the other side too if wanted.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2014, 12:13 PM
What do you thin this is the yell review I am thinking of posting re: the boiler. The title is disappointed.

Please if you have a an oil boiler make sure you employ an OFTEC registered engineer I had never dealt with oil before having always had gas boilers and only knowing for gas engineers they have to be gas wise registered. Oil boilers by rights should only be worked on if playing with the parts which are directly connected to oil by OFTEC registered engineers.
For not knowing and not doing the research we have ended up paying a very hefty price for the damage done to our oil boiler. The engineer capped off our over flow pipe causing damage to our primary holding tank so as well as paying this engineer £400 to what we thought was putting our boiler right he caused more damage than we could imagine and it has cost us just over £1000 to have all the wrongs put right.
He does not seem to feel he has done anything wrong and is not willing to to compensate any money back all our Christmas savings and money for two much needed new windows. He did offer us an amount of £100 which we thought was not a fair price we thought meet half way at a return of £200. We have since emailed reluctantly accepting his offer of £100 along with the email from Grants at the potential dangers we were put under over his capping off of our over flow pipe, he denies doing this so is either unaware of what he capped off or is making me out to be a liar. He has not replied to our email reluctantly accepting his meagre offer and any response to the email forwarded.
If you have a Grants boiler and employ this person he may tell you it is difficult, expensive and time consuming ordering parts from them. It is not parts can be sourced from plumbers merchants or Grants themselves usually next day delivery. The engineer we employed to put right our boiler had every imaginable spare part for all models in his van.
The positives about the original engineer is he did a good clean up of our boiler and of course I cannot comment on his gas skills. He was also polite.
Although not lucky about the damage done to our boiler the damage could of been much worse as advised by the Grants technician who forwarded an email for us to send onto the engineer pointing out if the pressure build up had found a weak spot in our pipework we could of had scalding hot water pouring through our house. So in some ways lucky it damaged the tank before the pipework in the house due to the other engineer removing the capped off pipe when he realised our boiler was not de-pressurising when he needed it too.
I have not written this review lightly or taken any pleasure in writing it but felt it needed writing to save others the possibility of also finding themselves in this stressful position.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Good for you LYNN,very well written.Pity you had to write it,but there you go Needs to be said and hopefully others will avoid the same mistake after reading that(( hugs))
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Its insane here TW,like a flippin Monsoon Wish I was at Monsoon or somewhere similar but you'd have to be off your trolley to go out in that,unless absolutely necessary Had a wee nap then I thought I've have a bath and wake myself up,just feel like napping again!!Was full of the joys this morning,think my batteries have ran out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks Eileen if it hadn't been for him capping off that over flow pipe I wouldn't even of considered removing a review from one site and writing a negative one on the yell site.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thanks Eileen if it hadn't been for him capping off that over flow pipe I wouldn't even of considered removing a review from one site and writing a negative one on the yell site.
You have every right to speak out and tell the truth Lynn,don't give it a second thought.He didn't give any thought for the safety of your family or the huge dent he made in your finances Practices such as his could end in tragedy for some poor unsuspecting family.
I'm a massive fan of reviews,check EVERYTHING!! what I find is people will be straight up about a product or service.Other people's experience has stopped me buying several items and avoiding certain holiday destinations( thank goodness)
You will be helping more people than you know,fair play
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2014, 01:39 PM
that is excellent Lynn, don't worry about putting a negative review, it is the least he bl**dy deserves, and it is terrifying to think that he messes with gas too (i think i read that). In all honesty, anyone with a conscience would have returned the money, especially if he wanted to protect his reputation. Like Lacey, i have learnt to google everything and i am forever telling my parents to do the same...for instance my dad wants a range rover and he has seen a few that seem to good to be true, on googling the phone number you see the same car advertised repeatedly outside different properties countrywide so dodgy...my mum is a b*gger for stuff though, she ordered stuff online before and didn't relaize she had signed up to a repeat order thing, to get out of it you had to return the items which we never received..... had to get her to cancel her debit card and went nuts at her and told her to wait in future until i was around, people like you writing true reviews help people avoid nasty and expensive experiences
Lacey...hope you get your bounce back
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm fine GRIFF,thanks Relaxing on the sofa with the princess.Afraid to open the front door in case it blows off
Am awaiting the arrival of my new debit card,like your mum I had to cancel mine Got the pin but no card My online shopping has been put on hold.Surprised the bank hasn't rang to enquire if I have passed away
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Thanks griff if he checks his reviews it may prick his little bit of conscience he has.
Would you believe I googled him and all positive reviews. As Matt said though some on Yell were the same person come to think of it so was google. I elft Matt two reviews though.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »