Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Morning all...

So very sorry to the news for Gill isn't good, my heart goes out to her and you Lynn xx Hope the boiler is working OK now.

Hoping your brother continues to improve NippyJen xx

Hope all is well with everyone else, not kept up, sorry.

Eversuffering husbands kitten is home and is sorted, at last. I was expecting a bill upwards of £300 because of all the extra work which had to be done, total bill was £204, so very pleased.

Had a busy day sunday and eversuffering husband only had one day off this weekend, so got some wood sawed up.

Took the cockerels off yesterday to have "the deed" done and bought them home and skinned them. Never done it before, so quite pleased with myself I managed to do it. Had to skin them cos I have rheumatism in my hands and find it very hard and painful to pluck. So they are now in the freezer.

Got some christmas shopping done, got to get some cards sorted and will maybe put the tree up this weekend.

Have a good day and stay warm xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Morning JM thank you.
Morning Elaine glad the bill for the kitten was less than you were expecting. Well done on the cockerel front your braver than me.
Blooming cold in the fens today ain't it ? Yes so far so good with the boiler.
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Elaine, are the bird of u or the dog .i only ask as dad told me there tough old birds to eat. Never had one myself.its bath day for jake my home is the little cottage tape small but sweet, so house smell if jake does lol. Not broke the new to him yet as I'm trying to get the energy to do battle first.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Hello all
Blimey it's freezing today, really pleased Lauryn's phone arrived, had to ring Carphone warehouse yesterday morning as I'd not had a conformation email from them and wanted to make sure order had been processed. Glad I did cos the offer I wanted had gone off but a much better one was available, cheaper too probably why they never sent the email, but never mind it arrived today.
Right I'm off to take Rosie out, no rain so I'm assuming she will go out lol
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jakesmummy View Post
Elaine, are the bird of u or the dog .i only ask as dad told me there tough old birds to eat. Never had one myself.its bath day for jake my home is the little cottage tape small but sweet, so house smell if jake does lol. Not broke the new to him yet as I'm trying to get the energy to do battle first.
These wont be tough as they are this years birds. Out of eight eggs hatched, five were flippin cockerels and as I want to keep Nugget, cos I sat up all night and hatched him, the others had to go sadly. I know they had a good life here, well fed and warm, still not nice though....but am sure they will taste good, will let you know.

Happy about the boiler front there Lynn, and yes it is blummin cold here in the fens....

Just off to get tripe and bones for the dogs, might nip in later x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Afternoon Mandy.

Update on the trading standards. Managed to get through to the trading institute which is advice through C.A.B. They have taken down all the things that have happened his name and given me advice about the supply of goods and services act and the consumer contact information cancellation and additional charges regulations. Either or both we can follow up we can write recorded delivery to him about. Even though verbal he should of given me 14 days notice to cancel which he didn't. It is still our word against his though and only a judge at the end of the day could enforce payment if we decided to take it to court. She says send a recorded delivery letter stating what we want repaid and how long to give him in the hopes that shakes him up. The email from Grants hasn't so far.
She is passing onto trading standards the capping off the pressure outlet pipe and that he isn't oftec registered and they may pursue him on those issues.
Gorden has fitted my bolt over the letter box flap for me so I can shut it down if I want too. It will be anonymous but it won't take too many brain cells will it to work out who it has come from.
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2014, 02:24 PM
It's a joke isn't it . Your word against his , what you meant to do video every work man that comes in your house.
Half the bloody laws we have are ok till you need them. I hope you win I really do. Rant over
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Lets hope he realizes you mean business Lynn and coughs up the money he has conned from you.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Quick pop in,been flat out today,haven't even had a coffee yet
LYNN,sorry you're feeling so fed up Only way is up,fingers crossed xx
Just picked Lacey up from the groomers,noticed on the way back I'm one tree down. Actually quite pleased with that,it is so stormy,surprised the dec's aren't all over the estate Seriously windy and chucking it down,not that cold though must go and re-peg,it's lying on the neighbours lawn
Youngest is off on a shopping trip tonight with the scouts,will head straight to McDonalds no doubt
Right,will see ya all later,hope everyone is ok
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Getting really dark here. Hope everyone up north escapes unscathed. Wish we could programme the weather. Trimmed Tyto's tootsies today. He loves having them done. Goes to sleep. well off to watch a Christmas film. Keep safe peeps.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »