View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Afternoon everyone very very cold here today.

Glad cavity wall insulation men have been and gone that Christmas tree's are delivered and Nippy Jen very glad to hear your brother is improving.

Spoken to Gill not good news. They won't do an op that will mean a stoma bag 3 top surgeons and it won't get rid of the tumour it will come back. I suppose not enough margin. They can't give her more chemo and she has to wait till the New Year to see if radiotherapy is an option the meeting they were supposed to of had didn't happen and so the paperwork the Consultant needed wasn't available. Consultant did say to her though if we can do radiotherapy it will not get rid of the tumour it will shrink it for a while but it will come back. She has been offered a permanent catheter for her continually needing to do a wee, she does have extra thick pads delivered but they are turning out to be not as reliable as they were. She is having a think on the catheter.
Turning out to be a proper rubbish few weeks or should we say years.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Good evening.

Opps sorry Nippy no offence meant but pleased your brother is improving slightly.

Tree sounds nice TW pics when decorated?

Sorry about the bad news for Gill but hopefully she can have radiotherapy to help her a bit. Hugs to you both.

Really cold here but dry. Weather forecast for Thursday and Friday is not too good - very high winds but a little warmer than now.

Have a good evening everyone
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Afternoon

Glad to hear your brother is improving Nippy and Dillon too, Lynn.

I'm very sorry to hear Gill's news though. This must be very hard for all of you.

My friend's husband had his stoma reversal last Thursday but he has to have a full-body CT scan in January because he developed lumps on his lungs so the cancer may have spread.

Busy here with kids and homework and Christmas. Loki is good, apart from his paws/legs, so I have got him a collar-of-shame to wear when he won't stop licking.

Have a good evening.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Evening Linda sorry to hear about your friends OH. I can imagine how busy it is at your house at the moment.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Lynn, am so very sorry to hear about Gill, was hoping, like you were, that there'd be something that they could do, she must be in a dreadful place, anytime of year is dreadful, but this time in particular it is even more painful. Please pass my good wishes onto her, and my hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for her in the coming year. Spent a fair amount of time putting the heat lamps up and cable tying anything I can see that looks tempting for Someone to Play With. At the moment there are also those clip on lights plugged in there as well, I've turned them off for the time being, but thinking it would be better if I take them out unless I need them, far too tempting. Heat lamps are both on low at present, they have repaid me by, Lona and Cariad lying in the yard with an old bone each, Mabs lying in the corrider bit of the little kennel, away from the heat, Keshi may be in there basking underneath, she is the only one who hasn't taken umbrage and removed themselves away from the offending items
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Thank you June.
at the girls I'd be under them like a shot tonight its so cold.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2014, 06:17 PM
LYNN(( hugs)) Sorry Gill's news wasn't good.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Lynn, praying for better news for Gill, Hope she is strong and still has a lot of fight in her. God grant her the strength to continue to fight it.

Nippy, pleased to hear your brother is a little better lets hope more prayers and healing sent will help him as well. God with all your power hear our plea for our friends.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Lynn, I am so sorry to hear Gill's news. She has been through so much and deserves better. I hope you will be able to enjoy Christmas despite all that.
Oooops sorry Brenda, I thought your walls were being done today Lol.

It is so bloomin cold today but have you seen the forecast? Dreadful wind and rain for us
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Any news on Duncan at all Eileen. Been outside to get more coal, remove clip on lights, check beds and hand out lamb ribs, Keshi gone in little kennel to eat her's, Cariad lay outside eating hers and Lona and Mabs shot into big kennel to eat theirs, I got inside as quickly as possible as Lona inhales rather than eats food and she would be out looking for seconds before you could blink Clip on lights in one piece, so will give them another trial run with them tomorrow for a bit longer this time.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >