Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Thank you All so much for you lovley messages
What's strange the toe rags took all the medicines ,cough headache stuff but left the lotto scratch cards
Eileen hope mums hospital appointment goes well
Lynn enjoy the mooch n coffee
Griff tuck yourself back to bed hope you feel better very soon ,Gemma sends you a slobbery kiss
Sue not too much housework I hope
Malka hugs to both you and Pereg
Losos hoping the DNA produces results ,
Moyra hoping your feeling better today
TW was frosty first thing but turned to rain ,good to hear your friend 's getting more support diabolical how she was treated
Mr n mrs nippy hope all well with you both and you get some good news soon
Muts walked yucky and muddy
Lamps on it's gone sooo dark
Opened the post to find a notice of potential jury service not looking forward to that
Right off to eat my pkt of Maltesers
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Guess what just had our first carol singers. 2 girls and a boy. Gave quite a rendition of various Christmas songs but not Carols which is interesting. Asked them if they wanted mince pies and the politely said no thank you. So gave them 50p each and didn't expect to see them back before Christmas again. Maybe a bit harsh but they did try which is a lot more than some of them do.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Back now, and freezing cold, can still not feel my feet, are there any fur lined wellies around lol. Took Mabs and Keshi onto the river as planned and they were tearing around, play fighting, in and out of the water, chasing the ball. They are soaking wet but tired and happy girlies. Gave them a bone each, changed my gloves for dry ones, took Cariad and Lona out, no football match today so we went onto the football field and there was absolutely no one about apart from a dad and his sons playing football in the ball park, as I didn't have Keshi with me, thank goodness, it wasn't of any real interest to Cariad and Lona, they watched but didn't charge off to partake. Have done a massive clean up in the yard, fresh bedding down, Keshi is still sopping wet, she is so well insulated the heat never makes it through to dry her coat off, hoping she dries off in the heaps of shavings I've put down. She did come over to be raked whilst we were on the river, got some tugs out, but that was it,, not much coat at all, and I got nothing from Mabs apart from a few stray hairs. Lots of condensation in the kennels, so doors left open to let it dry out a bit. Got the fire going now, having a butty and a cup of tea, then got to make a start on the bathroom and hoover upstairs. Moyra I do hope you are OK and this pain isn't serious, could be you've pulled something with coughing the way you have been. Eileen hope the scan goes OK with your mum and Norma, take some books with you for jury service its dead boring and you spend more time sat there than being called.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Afternoon everyone. Back from puppy training and all went very well. So they should all be happy with the results next week. Sh don't tell them. Hope everyone still has heating and hot water, I expect it will be frosty again tomorrow as it is still pretty chilly out here in Sunny Lancing. Yep have had lovely sun which meant we could get all the pups outside for heelwork practise and sits at kerbs. Going shopping to the Range tomorrow. Will go by train as I know the parking will be manic. ttfn. May not get back on here as tv good for me tonight. Atlantis and Casualty. Have fun everyone. Nippy jen hope your brother is showing good progress. Moyra you really should go to the doctors. I suspect that you have costochondritis. It is inflammation of the chest wall. Go and phone and tell them it is an emergency. You must have an emergency doctor up there like we do down here. I know I am a nag. lol. Don't tell GordonMac. HE HE.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Afternoon everyone. Sorry to hear some still have aches and pains. Glad your friend will start receiving some useful and helpful help soon June.
Good luck for your mum Eileen.
We went to get Gorden's petrol and some bits from Tesco I get the points towards petrol so that helps a lot. We then went to the garden centre in Huntingdon they have their ice rink set up so we had coffee and cake and watched the skaters. We us to go to Van hages in Ware Herts to do that so nice to of found another place we can watch. Car started making an awful noise on the way back and we both thought oh no we can't afford this right now. Gorden felt it was the brakes so did some stuff while driving to see if anything was lodged we think it was we had overtaken a tractor all of sudden it stopped and has been fine all the rest of the way back. Brakes work well still so as he thought probably some dirt got lodged.
Heating on as it had got chilly while we were out.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys She got through it ok,was lying awake worrying last night,God love her but it's done so she can relax Results in 4 weeks must be walking them to Australia
Will have a catch up and a coffee,then a mountain of ironing.Can't believe how quiet it is everywhere Thought the traffic would be mad....so quiet
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2014, 04:20 PM
TW,you need some thermal socks The one's you see in filling stations and supermarkets for a fiver,they are amazing,just need to buy your boots one size bigger
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2014, 05:21 PM
I've got thermal socks, last year was so wet I never really used my cold weather stuff, and have not thought about them. Have got some snowboarding trousers I bought from Aldi years ago and they are amazing, warm and waterproof, you don't need anything under them they are so warm Will dig everything out. Have been doing the bathroom wall tiles with a long handled squeagy type mop, have done 3 out of the 4, have had to stop as my back is hurting, will do the 4th tomorrow. Kitchen floor clean once more, it had half the river on it I'm sure. Glad your mum is fine, like you say 4 weeks can't they see whats going on by looking at it as she goes through, or shortly after anyway.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Must look up Snowboarding trousers because I have searched for waterproof trousers and they sound great but do they do them in XL I wonder; In fact the way I have put on weight lately that may not be enough, may need XXL. I may be doing myself wrong but would much rather have overlarge than too tight!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Aldi's doing them at the moment, I never buy womens stuff, i buy mens as they always have more pockets that goes for combat trousers for dog walking and trakkie bottoms
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »