View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah0126
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2012, 09:36 PM

Lethargic labrador and Medial Glenohumeral ligament...

Hi All,

I have a 2 year old lab bitch who had been limping so we took her to the vets and the surgeon said she had Medial Glenohumeral ligament sprain/strain which he says is common in labs and prescribed metacam and to monitor for a couple of weeks which we are doing and it seems to be getting better so will see how she goes.

I'm worried about how lethargic she is,since she got spayed about 6 months ago she has been very lazy, not even wanting to play or go after heer ball which she loved before, aslo when we go for a walk she is excited about the walk but when on it she just walks and trots a little. The rest of the time she just wants to sleep. Itook her to the vets 6 months ago and after a £500 vets bill later with every test done under the sun it came back inconclusive, with no makor problems.

Does anyone else have a dog that has been lethargic after being spayed? Or just a generally lazy dog? I feel like she is depressed and I just hate seeing her like this.

Any advice would be appreciated....

Thanks in advance

Sarah xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't have any advice, but it does seem that she is a little young to be spending much of her time asleep. At least you have had lots of tests done, so you know that there is nothing fundamentally wrong, and perhaps she has been uncomfortable or even in pain with her ligament problem for longer than you thought??

It may be that when it is fully healed she will become livelier again. I do hope so.

I am sure that someone will be along soon with some more constructive thoughts.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Sadly I have nothing of any help to offer but just wanted to wish your pup a speedy recovery.

My only thoughts are that perhaps it's painful to walk on?
What is she fed on? Is there any way this could contribute to lack of energy?

Hope she's feeling better soon, I can see why you are concerned for her.