Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 03:59 PM

To be a Judge....

Just wondering how someone becomes a judge in the dog world?

This has been triggered by another thread. I, personally, would be happier someone judging my dog who has earnt that right by showing dogs themselves and having great involvement in the 'dog world'.

Rather than someone who has bred dogs for years and dabbled in showing here and there.

How does one qualify as a judge?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Im on the welshie C list had to do a movement and confirmation course and pass, then I had to do a breed specific course. We had to go over 4 dogs and then place them in order and critique them.
To give CC's you have to have either owned or breed 3 dogs who have a stud book number, to have judges so many dogs and so many classes.
You also need to have stewarded as well now.
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 06:18 PM
It varies from one breed to another. Generally, the breed clubs publish their requirements depending on the stud band and general breed numbers.

To be admitted to the C list there are surprisingly few requirements, over and above an active interest in a breed.

Dawn R.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
It varies from one breed to another. Generally, the breed clubs publish their requirements depending on the stud band and general breed numbers.

To be admitted to the C list there are surprisingly few requirements, over and above an active interest in a breed.

Dawn R.
Your right Dawn to get on our C list thats all you need, and the breed clubs dictate the criteria.