Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2011, 07:07 PM

Barking Heads feeding guide

Basically I'm going off to Uni in two months so have given my dog to my Dad. Last time he picked her food up it was Asda Hero which didn't impress me but it's his money and i don't know if i could afford spare money when i'm at uni.
She was on fish4dogs before so i'm looking at higher quality foods which are cheaper. She seems to have a wheat allergy (not tested but licks paws alot, flaky skin and itchy).
I'm looking at Barking Heads which seems good but does anyone know the feeding guide for it so i can work out the daily cost to make my choice a little easier for my dad to handle?

I have narrowed it down to Burns, The Natural dog food Company, Arden Grange and possibly Wainwrights (i think WW may have given her the runs though)

Any thoughts are appreciated but i am very interested in Barking heads fusspot for her as she loves her fish
Thank you
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Have you tried looking at the Barking Heads website?
http://www.barkingheads.co.uk/

I feed Wainwrights wet trays - so far Dex is doing better on this than on anything else, including Fish4Dogs.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Yes, i did have a look and nothing came up. I googled it and on website which sell it, it just said that the guides on the bag. Not much help when researching like this lol.
My dogs 16kg so is a little expensive for wet. I'd love to feed her mainly on wet with a little kibble but as i said she's technically Dad's dog now
thanks anyway
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2011, 07:40 PM
I feed Finn Barking Heads Fusspot. He is about 32/33kg and gets 400g a day.

The feeding guide from the bag:

10kg 100 - 200g
15kg 125 - 250g
20kg 150 - 300g
30kg 225 - 400g
40kg+ 300 - 500g
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
Yes, i did have a look and nothing came up. I googled it and on website which sell it, it just said that the guides on the bag. Not much help when researching like this lol.
My dogs 16kg so is a little expensive for wet. I'd love to feed her mainly on wet with a little kibble but as i said she's technically Dad's dog now
thanks anyway

Just to mention that this particular wet food is quite reasonable price-wise, as for example even a large dog such as mine, 35kg, only needs one tray per day.

Your dog would need less than that. And as it is made by PAH and they sell it direct, it reduces the price.

Just thought I'd mention it

Best of luck with the Barking Heads
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks both of you!
I can't believe how little she needs of it!!!!! I was shocked with Burns and Dog food company at 150g day and to go down another 20+ grams is incredible.
I am certainly going to have a look at it. I also like there being around 40% fish in it
Thanks again
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
thanks anyway
When I'm not giving him home-cooked Parker has "Barking Heads". He is a 9 and a half year old Kerry Blue terrier who weighs 16kg. I find if I gave him the amount recommended he would be called Porker and not Parker! I feed him 120g a day split into 2 meals plus a bit of wet dog food with each (about a desertspoonful) plus 5 Spiller's shapes biscuits and a dental treat and some small dog treats when training.
Hope this helps. I think Barking Heads is very good quality food and Parker likes it.