Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2013, 07:12 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday).

Morning everyone. I am up and about Gorden has just left for London till Friday. Poor Dillon is upset.
A quiet day for me hopefully a quiet week I am hoping for if I'm honest. A quiet life would be even nicer.
I do still have another Christmas cake to make and two ready for marzipan and icing. Also plenty of boxes too to still unpack.

Pat I hope you are feeling better today.
June I hope those ribs aren't as sore but I have a feeling they may be.
Jenny I hope you are feeling a bit better today and that cough has eased and allowed you some sleep.
Linda I hope you managed a restful night and that Loki is still well.

I hope all other Dogsey peeps and pets are well today.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Morning Lynn & all

I'm waiting for it to get a bit lighter before I get up and the usual daily chaos that comes with it. I shall find out if my plan has worked as one of my dogs has discovered she can jump over an extra tall baby gate which meant she could get up stairs so I found another gate in the garage and hung it upside down over the other one, I shall be quite pleased if it works!

If it stays fine I will plant some bulbs and get the Karcher window cleaner out.

Have a good day all
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I hope your week is peaceful for you!

I have been so busy lately, I haven't stopped since last Monday. Mainly down to my cousin. His gas boiler and fire was condemned last week so have been up and down to the bungalow with electric fires and timers etc and no point not carrying on decorating after taking an hour to get there! and a hospital appointment last Friday. Not to mention going to work and keeping up with the dogs!

It was a sad weekend, one of our visitors dropped down dead while out in the forest, helicopters, ambulance, police were scrambled but all in vain despite the efforts of the general public administering cpr. I had only been talking to his group half an hour before they set out. His son came in to collect his car yesterday. If you had to choose how to go it would be perfect, on a lovely walk, it was sunny but cold but such a shock for his poor companions.

Loads of phone calls to make today, it sometimes seems never ending other than that we are chilling out (I hope).

I hope you all have a lovely day today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Yes, that's how I feel when Dave's gone back to work. I suppose we have to work flat out when they're home Lynn doing stuff we can't do on our own don't we, so it's nice when Monday comes around and we can breathe again and relax a bit. I'm sure Dillon will perk up once you get him out for his walk.

I'm off up to that blooming van again this morning now that Dave has done his bit, cos I want to tart it up a bit for the woman who's coming round tomorrow to view it to rent for 2 months. I'm certainly not going to put all those soft furnishings back in there though in case she doesn't want it, so she'll just have to see it as it is without the finishing touches, but it does look rather nice now with normal furniture in there, more like a little flat than a caravan now.

Zena's greatly improved on that leg, she hasn't been lame once over the week-end, but I'm sticking to my regime the vet has set me. I can't quite believe just how quiet she can be indoors when I want her to be. We had a lovely game on the floor last night with the plastic pig, no running about, but as I held it's leg lying on the floor in front of her she was pouncing on it, and rolling over with it bless her.

Hope all poorly peeps are better this morning, especially Pat with her funny tum and dodgy arm, Jen with that awful cough, Moyra with her bad toe, and gaawd knows who else is suffering. Let's hope all the doglets are fine, especially Loki and little Jimmi who's suffering cat battle scars.

It's a lovely, clear frosty morning, perfect for a woodland walk, so I'm off out with Zena now.

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll catch up later.

Morning Gerri, oh that was tragic for that poor family. Nice to see you back though Gerri.

Morning twix, who snuck in whilst I was typing my previous edit lol! Enjoy your window vaccing, I love my Karcher, I now have TWO along with Karcher OCD!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Morning Twix. I hope your plan works otherwise your scuppered. Fingers crossed the weather stays fine so you can do your bulb planting.
Morning Gerri lovely to see you. I hope the boiler problems are sorted for your cousin and was the appointment for you or him ? Whichever I hope everything is ok.
What a sad story about the walker but as you say from his point of view probably what he would of wished for but for his group and family a total shock. Hopefully in the future they will see it was a nicer way to go than being in a hospital bed.
Morning Helena. Good luck up at the van today and with the prospective tenant. Good to hear Zena is better on the leg today.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone.
Lynn in a word, no, I have been up a lot in the night coughing for England! I hope you get your quiet day/week and manage to get all your jobs done.
Morning Twix
MM what a dreadful weekend for you very upsetting
Helena pleased to hear that Zenas leg has improved, long may it continue
I'm going to wash the breakfast dishes, a quick hoover round and then sit and recover
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Morning Jenny. Oh no. Should you be doing the dishes ?
I hope the rest proves fruitful and you start your recovery today.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2013, 08:17 AM
The hospital appointment was for my cousin, he had a heart scan. Wasn't quite sure if it was interesting or making me feel ill! Some of it was in colour and you could see the heart valves working and the blood flow, it was all very high tech and different buttons were pressed presumably to check different things. It took about half an hour in all (plus waiting time of course) Just waiting for the results now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Not sure if I would found it interesting or ill making either bit of both I think.
Fingers crossed for good results.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

A lovely morning here and no frost. Not sure if we are due to have a visit from the sun today but that would be a bonus if we did Off to walk the dogs this morning with my greyhound lady at Chobham Common. One of her greys is having lots of teeth out today so she wants the company to take her mind of it.

Lynn I bet your weekends fly by but make the most the next 3 days until you see Gorden again. Could you not drive down and see Gill for the day or stay over. I hope you enjoy you walk with Dillon and its an uneventful one.
Twix It sounds as though your double height 'stair gate' will have done the trick ... result
Moet - What a dreadful time you've had with your cousins bungalow I was sorry to read about your forest visitor and dreadful for his companions Nice to see you pop in
Helena - Enjoy your week Good luck with the lady viewing your big van ...... photos please, not of the lady but the van We don't need to see all the nick-nacks in place but can get the gist of what it will be like when totally finished. Maybe Zena understands that she has to play 'gently' .... unlikely 'cos I bet if you lobbed her ball she'd be off like a shot
I heard you come in Nippy and figured the coughing was you. I really do sympathise especially when its stopping you sleeping well. I hope you are finally on the mend but no housework for you until you are better

Pat I do hope you had a good sleep and have recovered from your debilitating bug ((hugs)). Moyra I hope your toe is feeling better today as are your ribs June .
A special hug for Loki who I hope had a fit free night enabling Linda to get some sleep.

See you all later.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »