Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Ermine, Terrier x Lurcher pup, DOB 08.09

Ermine, Terrier x Lurcher pup, DOB 08.09

His Story: Ermine was found stray in mid winter 09. Just a young puppy who needed more care than his owners obviously offered him.

Salient points: Ermine is a very beautiful dog about 10 months old. He has shown how adaptable he is and is fostered with dogs and cats. His recall within the pack has improved greatly.

Advert: Ermine's fosterers report says it all!

"Ermine is very loving, friendly and will follow me anywhere, he's not greedy, but enjoys his treats. He is clean in the house and hasn't chewed anything, he doesn't bark whine or make a fuss. He is very agile and can jump my baby gates, or onto a work surface, not to be naughty, but out of curiosity, and because he didn't know it wasn't allowed.

He's never been given any rules, he doesn't mind you explaining when some things are not allowed, but is almost curious to find out why. He does need constant supervision, but in a few months this will lessen. He is learning all the things he should have learnt as a young pup.

He's very well behaved when out and about as he loves "doing" things, he's easily bored, but loves coming and watching me at work. He no longer "mouths" me or Lizzy or anyone aware of the triggers, but will still rag on people who unwittingly encourage him, he's like a 9 week old pup in a 10 month old body. This special little boy will be someone’s dog of their dreams."

random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Aww, he is lovvvvverly! Best of luck bud! x
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-04-2010, 10:45 AM
An update from Ermine’s fosterer:

“Ermine just gets better and better, he's understanding pack dynamics better now, and knows it's not a good idea to jump on Chilli when she's resting or eating , he still does it to Django, but Djangs never grumps at him, neither does Axle cat, but Ozzy cat goes away, no fun, so he leaves him alone. He's also figured out that in the evenings, it's quiet time and loves to cuddle on my lap or feet. When he comes to work with me he knows I can't interact with him but loves to watch me, the others sleep but he won't take his eyes off me. He's great off lead and his recall is excellent, but he does like to chase crows, just because they fly off, which is the very reason my lankeys don't bother! he's terrier through and through! He's not barky or grumbly, but he will try to figure out how to manipulate you in to reacting in any way he can, good or bad, he figures any attention is worth it , the trick is in keeping his mind occupied, this lad is so ready to give his heart away and will follow his chosen one anywhere”.

At work

Rest

And play

What a lovely boy , he never stops smiling.

Ermine is still looking for his forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Ermine’s fosterer takes him to work with her ...

Dog at Work

Where am I going to be posted to?

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Cat ?
What cat ?
Where ?
I see no cat.

Ermine the cat friendly dog is still looking for his forever home
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Delighted to report that this dog has now found a forever home!
Closed Thread